Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2nd preseason game v North

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I was really impressed with Rowbottom (Nico - just for you 😉) yesterday. Great attack on the ball, excellent 2nd, 3rd and even 4th efforts, stuck his tackles and he really lifted when the North midfield were starting to gain some ascendency in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. I have absolutely no concerns about his trajectory this year, confident he will play most of the season in the AFL.
    I have just seen the replay and he was impressive. I thought the whole team attacked the contest well.

Regular in the Side
    [QUOTE=bloodspirit;839138]Haven't heard any commentary about McAndrew's game on the weekend but I saw an impressive 2nd effort in the highlights reel that led to a goal. Can anyone offer any commentary?

McAndrew only came on late in the last quarter. Did some nice things including that highlight goal. Had a smile when the commentators said that he was too skinny to go in the ruck. Next ball up McAndrew was in the ruck. "Stretch" did OK for very limited game time. I don't know if he played in the VFL game as I have seen nothing on that match. Ronke also came on late and they said he played a half earlier in the VFL game/

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Didn't mind the look of rookie Roberts. Redhead with pace, kicking and tackle skills. Could be the first of this year's draft class to play seniors during the season.
    Agree mate
    Very composed the week before against GWS
    Probably struggled a little with 10mins or so vs north to flow with the team but he is a serious one to watch because he can play and fit into a surround team due to his calm decision making and reading of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Agree mate
    Very composed the week before against GWS
    Probably struggled a little with 10mins or so vs north to flow with the team but he is a serious one to watch because he can play and fit into a surround team due to his calm decision making and reading of the game
    He is also pretty well built for an 18/19 year old and played in the SANFL last year

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Watching Chad in the 1st two preseason games he’s gone to another level and has settled the argument in the Chad v Rowbottom comparison.
    Has he ? Yet another pronouncement of fact based on your opinion.
    As many have stated on numerous occasions they are quite different players and we should have room for both of them.
    Looking at the numbers from yesterday they both had good games and returned very similar stats so I am not sure why Chads “other level” is apparently so much higher than James?
    Please explain😀

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Maybe I’m a bit slow and grumpy - but can I please ask posters to use players’ actual names? It may be clever to use abbreviations for the various players whose names start with ‘Mac/Mc’ but it’s damn annoying having to stop reading to work out who you are referring to.

And in any case, I think they are all ‘Mc’ not ‘Mac’ which makes the Mac abbreviations even sillier.
    I remember when I first joined RWO and posters were writing about B1 and B2. I had to ask for an explanation. B1 was Jude Bolton, B2 was Craig Bolton.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I have just seen the replay and he was impressive. I thought the whole team attacked the contest well.
    Please could someone post a link to the replay? I'd love to watch it and I can't find it. Best I've found is this version posted by Riles Macca on YouTube: Sydney Swans vs North Melbourne - AFL AAMI Community Series 2022 Live Watch Along - YouTube. It's something like a Twitch stream with him watching live and adding his comments.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Hey BS

On Kayo

And I believe afl.com

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Please could someone post a link to the replay? I'd love to watch it and I can't find it. Best I've found is this version posted by Riles Macca on YouTube: Sydney Swans vs North Melbourne - AFL AAMI Community Series 2022 Live Watch Along - YouTube. It's something like a Twitch stream with him watching live and adding his comments.
    AAMI Match Replay: Swans v Kangaroos

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Although, it only goes for 1 hour 17 minutes, so not quite a match replay from the AFL.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Although, it only goes for 1 hour 17 minutes, so not quite a match replay from the AFL.
    [Edits post conflating 117mins with 1h 17min!]

Yeah, looks to be missing the 4th quarter!

Kayo sub resolves it.
    Last edited by MattW; 7th March 2022 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Dumb maths error

Suspended by the MRP
    Not much mention of Stephens , considering the pressure was on him . He was fantastic yesterday