Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2nd preseason game v North

Perhaps the development of Campbell and Stephens will offset the departure of Dawson. They both have a shot as a left sided midfielder or half back.

If Dawson was in the team then there would not be as much opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Perhaps the development of Campbell and Stephens will offset the departure of Dawson. They both have a shot as a left sided midfielder or half back.

If Dawson was in the team then there would not be as much opportunity.
    Blakey too. His delivery is elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    For me, he's ahead of Campbell if it's purely about a spot on the wing.
    Stephens is not being played exclusively on a wing. He was played as an inside mid for the majority of the game. He was very good inside. In fact, Rowie, Florent, Chad and he were all great. Bodes well for our midfield in the future. We mainly used the young guys in the stoppages and they were sensational. Rowie's terrier inside work and ability to extract when there seems no way to do so was sensational. He has arrived and is fit which makes it much better.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    He cetainly has made some good leaps over the Summer, as we all hoped he would. Still a moment or two of indecision yesterday when faced with bigger bodies, but his workrate is great, and he uses the ball well. And I'm sure you appreciate his abilty to rack up the possessions too

Yep I think he is at this point. I'd be disappointed if Campbell isn't in the Rd 1 22, but wonder if he might be the unlucky one to miss out. Some tough calls to come in several parts of the team.
    Campbell is playing half back. He will retain that. Him, Blakey and lloyd are pivotal to our run out of defence. Stephens will play inside mid. He proved he could play the role yesterday. I thought Rowie's terrier like ferocious attack ion the inside ball was sensational and changed the complex of the match. Warner wads incredible. Florent great too with 25 at 71%. If our mids play like this then we get the job done against any side. We had 13 more clearances.

I noticed they got 35 free kicks. Some of those were really terrible decisions and they were allowed to throw the ball all day. So much for the umpires cleaning up incorrect disposal. If McLachlan wants us to respect umpires then they should start doing a good job. The standard of umpiring for a professional competition is a disgrace. There needs to be a review of the umpiring department and recommendations to be enforced. The umpires are unsighted on many occasions but still give frees because they presume there has been an infringement. A free should never be given on an assumption. The other thing is the umpires stand in the wrong spots. so many times all umpires are in the centre corridor with no umpire boundary side. Many years ago this would have been picked up by commentators immediately. This is the reason umpires are unsighted. There are three umpires, they should be better than this. I do not see the umpiring improving unfortunately, unless their technique changes.

I believe this team can go all the way. Even McAndrew did not look out of place. Roberts will be good with more game time in the reserves and will pick up the pace a bit better with more experience. He did a couple of nice things but it is difficult coming on for only 15 minutes and getting into the game. I wonder how the reserves game went and who were the stand outs? Does anyone know?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Interesting reflections in here from David King from his Monday slot with SEN. I'm not always a mammoth fan of him as a commentator, but he has been bullish on the Swans trajectory for about 18 months to be fair.

Starts at about 17.40, and goes through my love child JMac, the evolution of our midfield, and the focus on contested ball in our work over summer.

The Monday Means Test - David King's AAMI Community Series Takeaways | SEN - YouTube
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Campbell is playing half back. He will retain that. Him, Blakey and lloyd are pivotal to our run out of defence. Stephens will play inside mid. He proved he could play the role yesterday. I thought Rowie's terrier like ferocious attack ion the inside ball was sensational and changed the complex of the match. Warner wads incredible. Florent great too with 25 at 71%. If our mids play like this then we get the job done against any side. We had 13 more clearances.

I noticed they got 35 free kicks. Some of those were really terrible decisions and they were allowed to throw the ball all day. So much for the umpires cleaning up incorrect disposal. If McLachlan wants us to respect umpires then they should start doing a good job. The standard of umpiring for a professional competition is a disgrace. There needs to be a review of the umpiring department and recommendations to be enforced. The umpires are unsighted on many occasions but still give frees because they presume there has been an infringement. A free should never be given on an assumption. The other thing is the umpires stand in the wrong spots. so many times all umpires are in the centre corridor with no umpire boundary side. Many years ago this would have been picked up by commentators immediately. This is the reason umpires are unsighted. There are three umpires, they should be better than this. I do not see the umpiring improving unfortunately, unless their technique changes.

I believe this team can go all the way. Even McAndrew did not look out of place. Roberts will be good with more game time in the reserves and will pick up the pace a bit better with more experience. He did a couple of nice things but it is difficult coming on for only 15 minutes and getting into the game. I wonder how the reserves game went and who were the stand outs? Does anyone know?
    Taking "Chadmania" to new levels.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    AAMI Match Replay: Swans v Kangaroos
    AAMI Match Replay: Swans v Kangaroos
    Thanks very much, MattW. Unfortunately it still didn't work for me - I just got a black screen. Is it that you need to watch it via the app rather than the website? Is anyone else getting it through the website? If so, which browser?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Thanks very much, MattW. Unfortunately it still didn't work for me - I just got a black screen. Is it that you need to watch it via the app rather than the website? Is anyone else getting it through the website? If so, which browser?
    Out of idle curiosity, I just had a look at both the app and site via my phone. It seems that the AFL have taken down the replays. So, that link is to a replay that was there yesterday, but is not there today. God knows what the reasoning behind that is, as there's still links to match replays from ten years ago on the site. I suspect that it's some sort of rights issue with Kayo? I hope that removing replays after a couple of days, doesn't continue in the season proper.

- - - Updated - - -

Then again, it could just be a stuff up, rather than a conspiracy.

Senior Player
    It’s working ok on the app when viewed on my iPad but as others have stated the desktop site doesn’t seem to show it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Giulio View Post
    I've just sent an email to the AFL telling them about this (this is my first post - long time lurker, very shy poster!) - about the 77 minute incomplete match replay posted on their website.
    Welcome Giulio 🙂

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Link to the full replay on the website (rather than app): AAMI Community Series Match Replay: Sydney v North Melbourne.

The old link I posted doesn't work because they have taken down the old incomplete video and replaced it with a complete one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I have been staying with Ludwig in Chiang Mai for the last week. If you think he is an expert you are wrong. He makes it up as he goes. Only joking. It's been great talking footy and we are both very bouyed for the season. Watched a number other games also. Just a top bloke.
    Pleased to hear that you're catching up with our resident Soothsayer, Nico. Yes many reasons to be optimistic for Season 2022. Chiang Mai is an awesome place to visit.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast