Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd preseason game v North

2nd preseason game v North

Hope Mills is a chance to play some minutes this week going by his archilles injury update this week, which will bring him into calculation for R1.

Veterans List
    So Sydneysiders, will this be a wet weather slog of little value compared to having a run under the roof at Docklands?

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    So Sydneysiders, will this be a wet weather slog of little value compared to having a run under the roof at Docklands?
    Pretty safe to say it will be wet and slippery. We've had rain every day for what seems like a month. It's not predicted to stop for the next week at this stage.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll have no excuse this year when playing in the wet. We'll be very well rehearsed.

Veterans List
    We have become so used to good surfaces, bring back the VFL suburban mud heaps!

I noticed that they will build a stadium with closing roof in Hobart for their new team, the only way for them to go down there. Needs central heating as well :-)

Veterans List
    We have to watch the umpire abuse as they are really cracking down. It cost Melbourne 6 goals last night. I don't think our players are known for abusing umpires apart from Papley who is injured. Rampe might have to watch his jokes...no more comments about having coffee with Gillon!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We have become so used to good surfaces, bring back the VFL suburban mud heaps!

I noticed that they will build a stadium with closing roof in Hobart for their new team, the only way for them to go down there. Needs central heating as well :-)
    Hobart is Australia's second-driest capital.

Is there any chance the match will be moved? Don’t see the point of playing a practice match in torrential rain . Considering we have the week off next weekend, it should be played at Marvel on Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Is there any chance the match will be moved? Don’t see the point of playing a practice match in torrential rain . Considering we have the week off next weekend, it should be played at Marvel on Monday night.
    I tend to agree. I believe its a double header with the Giants playing beforehand. So 4 AFL teams will play a game in horrendous conditions. Its not an ideal last hit out before the season starts for any of them!

It hasn't rained today so far. Still, they are predicting a storm later tonight. Hopefully the rain stays away until we're done

The Sydney Showground arena is well engineered with a water collection "sink" below the grass surface (in turn used for irrigation). It was installed as part of the Sydney Olympic build (used for Baseball - which part explains the excellent change rooms and broadcast facilities), and when expense was put to one side.

Not a guarantee for tomorrow, but I'm more optimistic that it will be OK

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    It hasn't rained today so far. Still, they are predicting a storm later tonight. Hopefully the rain stays away until we're done
    What we've had thus far today is consistent with the weather forecast site I generally use. It has the chance of rain at less than 10% for most of the day, increasing later this evening along with the description changing from overcast to possible storm.

But then tomorrow it has the heavy and relentless rain returning, with amounts per hour back over 1mm. At 6am tomorrow it is showing the possible amount per hour as 5.4mm, though I wonder if that is a typo as I've never seen the forecasts with a volume prediction that high. (Though it certainly feels like we've experienced that amount of rain in a single hour.)

Sydney Weather Hourly For Today | Detailed Forecast

Silly me thinking the game was on this afternoon!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast