Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 v Giants

Senior Player

Round 1 v Giants

GWS played two rucks yesterday: Flynn and Preuss.

Unless he successfully contests the charge, Preuss will miss round 1: Match review: Two Pies among FOUR banned for round one - Match review: Brayden Maynard among four banned for round one.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    GWS played two rucks yesterday: Flynn and Preuss.

Unless he successfully contests the charge, Preuss will miss round 1: Match review: Two Pies among FOUR banned for round one - Match review: Brayden Maynard among four banned for round one.
    I assume that Mumford is still retired.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I assume that Mumford is still retired.
    Maybe this means it will be the "Return of the Mummy"?

Veteran Site Admin
    I think there may still be a few days left to sign players through the SPP - so they could yet pick him up again before season starts. (Though a rule technicality might mean they can't pick him up again until the mid-season draft.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Maybe this means it will be the "Return of the Mummy"?
    That was the first sequel. The second sequel was, The Mummy: Held Together With Tape. This sequel would be, The Mummy: Surely We've Run Out of Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    That was the first sequel. The second sequel was, The Mummy: Held Together With Tape. This sequel would be, The Mummy: Surely We've Run Out of Tape.
    I remember when we traded Mummy to GWS in the wake of the Buddy signing at the end of 2013. At the time, I thought Mummy was washed up due to injuries. His body seemed shot. He only played 8 seasons after that! Incredible really.

Veterans List
    Preuss not playing so it will be Flynn and someone like Riccardi back up rucking, should give us a ruck advantage, particularly if we as expected play Ladhams.

Hopefully the weather improves by then

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Preuss not playing so it will be Flynn and someone like Riccardi back up rucking, should give us a ruck advantage, particularly if we as expected play Ladhams.

Hopefully the weather improves by then
    It's incredible how long this heavy wet period has been sustained. It is nearly inconceivable it could still be going in another 10 days!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ill take a turnover advantage plus 9 in our favour !

I was pleased to read today that Mills pulled up well from his half of football against Norf.

Veterans List
    Just had a look, for those wondering how quickly to expect our Lachlan McAndrew to develop, GWS' Flynn was recruited pick 41 in the 2015 draft, so he's had six completed seasons of development and only now starting to get a good look at senior football.

With rucks, a great deal of patience is required but I'm sure Stretch is in good development hands, and he's not coming from a junior AFL base either. I liked the little I saw against Norf

For Flynn it was more so about fitness and lack of opportunity

Flyn ran 13mins plus for 3km

I do think that Stretch has a great opportunity to develop quickly with his mobility and speed off the mark his strengths plus every training against 3 other ruckman

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast