Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buddy 1000

Veterans List

Buddy 1000

'Why not a dedicated thread to the coming milestone?' I thought.....so here are some links that might be interesting to some/all Swans fans to kick things off.

This article contains a video of every goal in Buddy's career....great viewing if you have a spare 3 hours and 24 minutes!!

A big Buddy larrikin with 'LeBron James vibes': Why the stars love Lance

Next is a link to an Instagram post showing a clever moving graphic depicting from where every Buddy goal was scored from, for every season (also embedded in above article).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbOezGqs...eo_watch_again

Feel free to discuss the great man and his coming achievement.....his most memorable goals, best bits of Buddy commentary ("This is Buddy Franklin!" etc), debate the success of his move here if you want to (in a calm manner), did we get value for money? (I think....YES!) and do some of us Swans fans still pinch ourselves that he plays for us....even after all these years (I do).

He is a freak and I love him. He is likely to be the last AFL player to achieve a 1000+ goal career. Amazing. Go Bud!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 19th March 2022 at 06:33 PM.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Was thinking before last night this will happen in rd3 - Davis is a bloody good defender and Buddy rarely gets off the leash against GWS.

Geelong is also likely a tight game so I’m making plans to get to the Bulldogs game.

Hope it happens in Sydney next weekend but so much pressure on each shot he has I think it will take longer than we expect

Senior Player
    I'd love to see it happen at the SCG. But it's not like his team mates are going to choose another target when he's on 999, just because it's an away game!

It's also becoming a bit of a media circus and I can't help but wonder if having it hanging over him is having some negative influence, even being the professional that he is.

It will be a great moment but in a way, I'll be glad when it's done, we'll enjoy the moment then move on with the real business of the season.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I'd love to see it happen at the SCG. But it's not like his team mates are going to choose another target when he's on 999, just because it's an away game!

It's also becoming a bit of a media circus and I can't help but wonder if having it hanging over him is having some negative influence, even being the professional that he is.

It will be a great moment but in a way, I'll be glad when it's done, we'll enjoy the moment then move on with the real business of the season.
    He did seem a little anxious last night. A lot of big screen coverage probably didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Was thinking before last night this will happen in rd3 - Davis is a bloody good defender and Buddy rarely gets off the leash against GWS.

Geelong is also likely a tight game so I’m making plans to get to the Bulldogs game.

Hope it happens in Sydney next weekend but so much pressure on each shot he has I think it will take longer than we expect
    I reckon Rd 3 is most likely too. Going to be a really intriguing match next week, as Geelong suprised me with how easily their old age pensioners cleaned up the 'next big thing' in Essendon.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I reckon Rd 3 is most likely too. Going to be a really intriguing match next week, as Geelong suprised me with how easily their old age pensioners cleaned up the 'next big thing' in Essendon.
    Hope so MCS - I thought most likely round 2 but have tickets for the round 3 game in Melb so would be wonderful to see live. I have already told my kids to get running practice in to be able to dodge those pesky security guards 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I reckon Rd 3 is most likely too.
    Buddy’s parents were in the crowd on Saturday. So Bud & Jesinta will have house guests for a couple of weeks if Mum & Dad Franklin have to wait till Rd 3 to see the 1000th!

Senior Player
    4 goals against Geelong feels unlikely but if it does happen, apparently the ground invasion is on

Buddy 1000: How the Swans, AFL plan to mark magical milestone

Veterans List
    Here's a 'True Footy' video regarding Buddy's 1000th....this dude is an Eagles fan but I watch his stuff pretty regularly because he's quite fair and unbiased. He actually did a video a few years back on the great rivalry in the mid noughties between the Swans and the Eagles and it was very good. This is pretty good too....as is the Furphy competition for prizes of glass replicas of Buddy's left footy boot that he mentions near the end (with a link to it).

Lance Franklin's Journey to 1000 AFL Goals - YouTube

Senior Player
    Just as long as he doesn't kick 3.8 tonight....

Veteran Site Admin
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-...-vfl/100919332

This is a very interesting analysis of what makes Lance different to the rest.

Looking ahead, If Lance plays on for a year or two will we get another ground invasion at 1100?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast