Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 3: the other games. Well, I guess I love the game.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Whenever I watch Jeremy Cameron play like that, I think: he kicked 60+ goals in his second year in a side that won one game and was a batch of kids, which was pretty damn outrageous, so in some ways, he’s under performed in his career.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Whenever I watch Jeremy Cameron play like that, I think: he kicked 60+ goals in his second year in a side that won one game and was a batch of kids, which was pretty damn outrageous, so in some ways, he’s under performed in his career.
    I thought his best days were probably behind him, but that was impressive. Great last quarter comeback by the Cats.

I didn't watch the game, but it seems like a massive choke by Collingwood. The sort of thing that could easily derail their early season optimism.

Veterans List
    Didn't catch any of the games but two very sad results.

Gold Coast I thought would make progress this season but now desperately need Clarko or the player exodus will fire up. Just don't understand why they aren't competitive. I stupidly tipped GC, note to idiot self, don't do that again!

Norf - struggled to beat that WAFL side last week and now copped a rogering from Brisbane. Hand them the Wooden Spoon now, that's assuming Port can win a couple of games from here! Norf rebuild hardly started on what we're seeing. Norf players copping a lashing over that performance, they will come out firing against someone next - oh bugger, it's us, grrr
    Last edited by 707; 3rd April 2022 at 09:10 AM.

Senior Player
    Gold Coast have a terrible record at Giants Stadium. Their average losing margin there is something like 100 points, the GWS
    midfield showed up, and Miller was blanketed so they had no chance. But I agree with 707, whatever Stewie is saying to them isn't
    getting anywhere. Every season is like Groundhog Day for them. They can all play footy but need Clarko to get it into their heads
    on a consistent basis. If I was GWS, I'd be going after him too.

Leon Cameron is gone. No contract on the table. It's probably out of Hird (hope not), or Clarkson.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Leon Cameron is gone. No contract on the table. It's probably out of Hird (hope not), or Clarkson.
    Then I hope it's Hird. A "club" that openly despises us and plays in a spiteful manner similar to the Hawthorn side under Clarkson is hardly one that Swans supporters should have a "soft spot" for. Long may they languish.

Veterans List
    The MRP: In the Adelaide showdown 5 players were cited and all got fines. Sam Mayes copped a fine after being found guilty of striking. Intentional, low impact, body contact. As soon as it is deemed intentional it should be an automatic suspension. All 3 rounds this has happened and all fines. Berry of Brisbane got reported on the spot by Ray Chamberlain for a body punch that was clearly intentional, off the ball and a metre or 2 from the umpire. Lets see what happens with this one. It annoys me that these offences are seen as trivial. The commentators, mostly Jason Dunstall, were sniggering at how soft it was and joking about how low the fine might go.

Go tough on these guys and it will stop. $2000 fines is small change to these guys and they spill that much on a Friday night. I remember Paul Kelly getting weeks for a stomach punch and now it is almost an accepted part of the game.

Senior Player
    Pies/Cats pretty entertaining for the neutral observer last night. Had a bit of everything including the classic "dumb melee after a goal that gives away another goal".

Not Selwood's greatest individual game, he was run down several times, but credit to them for that comeback. Pies must be wondering what went wrong though, 30 points ahead after a 9-goal third quarter. The coach did have that look of "don't know what to do about this" a few times.

Hawks v. Blues; very conflicted regarding which one I want to lose the most.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Hawks v. Blues; very conflicted regarding which one I want to lose the most.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Never Hawthorn.

Carlton look very impressive; looking forward to playing them.

Senior Player
    There was something quite repugnant about witnessing the ladder after round 2 and seeing hawthorn on top followed by Collingwood. Hopefully a loss for both this weekend followed by an ongoing descent. Though yes seeing Carlton in the mix again is less than pleasant also.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast