Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 3: the other games. Well, I guess I love the game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    But have you seen Carlton's next four rounds? They are playing the Suns, Port, Freo then North. Yet another handout by the AFL
    to a big Melbourne club.
    The draw is theoretically based on last seasons performance with a few derbies thrown in so the AFL would argue that they show no favouritism. I think they will lose two of those games. Who knows what the Suns will fish up but they are playing at home so could win. With Port who knows what side will show up at the G so toss of the coin and the Dockers at home could be tough for them.

Veterans List
    Cameron has put off contract talks until later in the season.

Pushing for Selection
    I keep expecting Port to just turn things around, but with them facing Melbourne and then Carlton away, they are in real danger of starting the season 0 - 5

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Amazing to think after our decent start to the season we're only coming 8th!
    Yeah but our 3 games have been against teams all expected to make top 8 so it will even up after the next few rounds

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    Yeah but our 3 games have been against teams all expected to make top 8 so it will even up after the next few rounds
    Plus, at a minimum, the idea Hawthorn and Collingwood will stay above us is laughable; I've doubts over Freo; and I still want to see Carlton do it through a stretch of tough opponents.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Plus, at a minimum, the idea Hawthorn and Collingwood will stay above us is laughable; I've doubts over Freo; and I still want to see Carlton do it through a stretch of tough opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz13 View Post
    I reckon its around round 6 we're the ladder starts evening out and you can begin to see who are pretenders and contenders. Carlton have a very soft draw tho and could arguably be 6-0, so I'll probably lock them in for finals

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Cameron has put off contract talks until later in the season.
    Which Cameron is that, Nico? Thw Geelong ex GWS player or current GWS coach?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Which Cameron is that, Nico? Thw Geelong ex GWS player or current GWS coach?
    Leon Cameron who after 10 years and no flag with the most talented list ever assembled shouldn't be getting yet another extension until the season plays out.

No other club is chasing him.

And in other AFL news, the infamous Ned Guy of Pies List Manager 2020 fame has just landed a nice job (for the boys) at AFL House reporting to another job for the boys recipient Brad Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

And in other AFL news, the infamous Ned Guy of Pies List Manager 2020 fame has just landed a nice job (for the boys) at AFL House reporting to another job for the boys recipient Brad Scott
    I had to look it up. This is the first sentence from a story on the AFL site: "Former Collingwood list manager Ned Guy has landed a new role at the AFL as the League’s player movement manager".

I briefly hoped that he might be employed to ensure players did yoga, kept up their aerobic fitness, or even, ate enough fibre, but no, he's helping Scott oversee list management. The best that I can do, to look on the bright side of that, is to think that maybe they deserve each other?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I had to look it up. This is the first sentence from a story on the AFL site: "Former Collingwood list manager Ned Guy has landed a new role at the AFL as the League’s player movement manager".

I briefly hoped that he might be employed to ensure players did yoga, kept up their aerobic fitness, or even, ate enough fibre, but no, he's helping Scott oversee list management. The best that I can do, to look on the bright side of that, is to think that maybe they deserve each other?
    Hard to see how that particular position and the workload it carried could qualify for a full time position paying ( I assume ) 150 k or more . How often are players moving and when ? Or maybe as you suggest he fills in the rest of the year clothed in Lycra and hemp running player seminars advising them on applying physiological and biomechanical principles on a holistic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Hard to see how that particular position and the workload it carried could qualify for a full time position paying ( I assume ) 150 k or more . How often are players moving and when ? Or maybe as you suggest he fills in the rest of the year clothed in Lycra and hemp running player seminars advising them on applying physiological and biomechanical principles on a holistic level.
    I'd probably prefer the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    What a joke the AFL really is. I thought only international soccer bodies had jobs like this-but look no further than our very own league.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast