Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 4 vs North Melbourne @ SCG - Pre-Game Thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I didn't particularly notice Cunningham having a worse game than most of the team on Friday. If I watched a replay I (which I don't plan to) that might change.

He was outstanding against Geelong.
    I have seen the replay, Liz. He was no worse than most of the team. He played on Weightman who continually staged for frees. Harry got pinged for a fair spoil on the far side when Weightman threw himself forward. Didn't look to make contact.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    So glad to see he is still going along okay (although health not what it was). One of the fools on telly speculated (without basis) the other week he has passed away.
    I think you're referring to Garry Lyon. To be fair to Lyon, I don't believe he speculated, rather that he was fed the information via his earworm by a producer. Before the break he had wondered out loud why "that old bloke" hadn't led the Swans in their post-win song. And after the break he shared the "news" that Kenny had sadly passed away. I did a double take and immediately texted a friend to see if she had heard this "news". We both concluded that a) we hadn't heard; b) there was no way the Swans wouldn't have reported it; c) therefore someone had given Lyon dud info.

I think you're referring to Garry Lyon. To be fair to Lyon, I don't believe he speculated, rather that he was fed the information via his earworm by a producer. Before the break he had wondered out loud why "that old bloke" hadn't led the Swans in their post-win song. And after the break he shared the "news" that Kenny had sadly passed away. I did a double take and immediately texted a friend to see if she had heard this "news". We both concluded that a) we hadn't heard; b) there was no way the Swans wouldn't have reported it; c) therefore someone had given Lyon dud info.
    Yes, Lyon was very apologetic about it last night on "On the Couch".

Fair enough Liz. I had only seen the online response after it all, so had speculated it was just another 2 plus 2 equals 9 that we see far too often from the commentary teams. Sounds like it was further down the food chain that got it wrong and a genuine error.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    I didn't particularly notice Cunningham having a worse game than most of the team on Friday. If I watched a replay I (which I don't plan to) that might change.

He was outstanding against Geelong.
    I agree, he was very good against Geelong.

Of course, what I'm taking from that, is that Kenny has risen from the dead; which is a sure fire sign that we'll win the premiership this season.

Then again, maybe Lyon was watching South Park during the game breaks?

Veterans List
    Deleted....GIF didn't work.

You can guess what it was.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I know we should win regardless, but North will come out smoking after the baking their coach has given them.
    Not only that but our team, in the past anyway, has shown a tendency to switch off for games like these. Will be interesting to see how both sides respond after their games last week.

Veterans List
    The forecast is looking diabolical. Will they change the venue to Melbourne or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The forecast is looking diabolical. Will they change the venue to Melbourne or elsewhere?
    Saturday has more rain forecast, but 10-20mm, not over 100mm like tomorrow.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Yep- In: Ladhams and JMac
    Out: Hickey, Wicks
    This is my guess as well.

The medi-sub should also be considered. Ronke was medi-sub and he played half a game after Hickey was injured. I suspect he'll go to the twos to get a run. If so, who comes in as medi-sub?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    This is my guess as well.

The medi-sub should also be considered. Ronke was medi-sub and he played half a game after Hickey was injured. I suspect he'll go to the twos to get a run. If so, who comes in as medi-sub?
    I thought Ben Ronke looked lost out there.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast