Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronke thread

Veterans List

Ronke thread

Decent interview quotes with Ronke here: Injuries overcome, wheels are back on the Ronke ride - Injuries overcome, wheels are back on the Ben Ronke ride.

Gives much credit to Longmire for retaining belief in him. Sounds like he's matured quite a bit.

(Personally, I like player-specific threads; couldn't find one for Ben.)

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Decent interview quotes with Ronke here: Injuries overcome, wheels are back on the Ronke ride - Injuries overcome, wheels are back on the Ben Ronke ride.

Gives much credit to Longmire for retaining belief in him. Sounds like he's matured quite a bit.

(Personally, I like player-specific threads; couldn't find one for Ben.)
    Umm, you might want to ignore that I was posting the exact same story, at the exact same time, in a different thread.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Umm, you might want to ignore that I was posting the exact same story, at the exact same time, in a different thread.
    Sorry, I just noticed that too!

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Sorry, I just noticed that too!
    No, Ben probably deserves his own thread, especially after overcoming stress fractures in his back. Makes me wince thinking about it.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    The thought of a stress fracture in the back gives me the absolute willies
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Good article. I wasn't really aware of his injury history and can see now how that would set him back a bit.

I sometimes wonder if that startling third game worked against him in some ways, since it might be viewed as an anomaly rather than an indication of what he can do. I like what I've seen from him this year. Seems very much a "confidence player", so I hope a few good games in a row can build that up and get him to his best.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    He hasn’t hit the heights that Schneider did in his first season but their arc is perhaps a bit similar. Breakout games then injury / loss of confidence with a slow rebuild to form.

Veterans List
    IMHO has jumped Wicks and Bell (and our 13 other small forwards besides Papley and Guilden) in the pecking order. Great to see him finally get a fair old crack at it.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    IMHO has jumped Wicks and Bell (and our 13 other small forwards besides Papley and Guilden) in the pecking order. Great to see him finally get a fair old crack at it.
    Absolutely. Clearly best 22 now. Great field kick on both sides and generally an excellent crumming goal scorer. Brings energy and power. So pleased for him.

Veterans List
    Paps and Ronke at their best will be a scary prospect for other teams. Ben has certainly passed Wicks in the pecking order and it's really pleasing to see that indeed he is as good as we hoped he would be after his incredible career start.

The thing about Ronke is that, at his best, he matches Wicks & co for great pressure, and, on top of that, his goal scoring ability far surpasses theirs.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I hope Ronke works out. Like bloodspirit says, he's pretty good around the goals. And he looks really fast, so he should be able to pressure pretty well. Pressure + goalsneak is a perfect combination for a small forward. But he only laid 1 tackle today. Wicks is really good at that. I'm not ready to dump Wicks just yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast