Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 8 - The other games

Veterans List

Round 8 - The other games

Another interesting round for other teams that will start to shape the ladder

50/50 games, Port-Dogs, Richmond-Pies, GWS-Cats

Some testing of where your at games, Crows-Carlton, Essendon-Hawks, St.Kilda-Melbourne

A couple of look away now/don't let the children see this games, Brisbane-WCE at the Gabbatoir, Freo-LOLNorf in Perth

Round 9 looks another ladder shaper as well.
    Last edited by 707; 3rd May 2022 at 09:04 AM.

Senior Player
    Whilst we want to talk positive and support our team, I feel disappointed that we only beat WCE by about 60 and barely beat NM, particularly now when Brisbane and Freo now have their opportunity to build a really large percentage gap over us (in addition to the current one game win gap). Wasted opportunities in a way.

I'll be very happy to apologise if Brisbane's margin over WCE is similiar or less than ours, and same re Freo's margin over North.

Veterans List
    We were unlucky that we copped Norf the game after they were roasted to death in the media for their pathetic effort that week. We get a second crack at them later in the year, so that's a bonus win (he says remembering our shock losses last year against GC & Hawks)

Geelong get two cracks at both Norf and WCE so for them it's two bonus wins!

Well North have a small chance to take advantage of a Covid depleted Freo team, but I still think Freo will be far too strong. Pick 8, Jye Amiss will get his debut for Freo. Looks a real winner. Over the longer term, I think Freo poses as one of the top contenders for a premiership and will have to be a team we can handle if we want to take the next step.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    We were unlucky that we copped Norf the game after they were roasted to death in the media for their pathetic effort that week.
    By that logic, WCE are going to be tough for Brisbane to beat! Hope it is close so we can narrow the percentage gap.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    By that logic, WCE are going to be tough for Brisbane to beat! Hope it is close so we can narrow the percentage gap.
    Just read that WCE have only 22 players available this weekend, Simpson will be under isolation protocol and Matthew Knights is coaching. It could be carnage...

EAGLES DECIMATED: Simmo in protocols, only 22 players available

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Just read that WCE have only 22 players available this weekend, Simpson will be under isolation protocol and Matthew Knights is coaching. It could be carnage...

EAGLES DECIMATED: Simmo in protocols, only 22 players available
    Well the Weagles fans will be able to blame that idiot premier they probably all voted for. How many times were they told this would
    happen? A thousand, a million?
    Last edited by KTigers; 5th May 2022 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Well the Weagles fans will be able to blame that idiot premier they probably all voted for. How many times were they told this would
    happen? A thousand, a million?
    We have a similar situation here in Victoria- our Chairman got so many issues wrong, locked us down at the drop of a hat, bungled just about everything, yet people will still vote for him!

Never mind that our hospitals are a wreck, despite the Feds pumping many extra billions. Then look at our deficits in the recent budget: $22 billion when the Chaiman came to office; projected to be $170 billion in 3 years. Now that is some achievement.

Of course the WA premier is a goose, KTigers- everyone with half a brain knew that you can’t keep Covid out permanently. Trouble is their population thought he was a magician- now they are stuck and have to sweat it out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Wait, has Deja lost ownership rights on this thread?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Wait, has Deja lost ownership rights on this thread?
    Well, I did consider it odd behaviour to start it early in the week. And I was just planning on letting it die a natural death, before starting it at the usual time. I'm certainly not interested on becoming involved in political discussions on covid.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    We have a similar situation here in Victoria- our Chairman got so many issues wrong, locked us down at the drop of a hat, bungled just about everything, yet people will still vote for him!

Never mind that our hospitals are a wreck, despite the Feds pumping many extra billions. Then look at our deficits in the recent budget: $22 billion when the Chaiman came to office; projected to be $170 billion in 3 years. Now that is some achievement.

Of course the WA premier is a goose, KTigers- everyone with half a brain knew that you can’t keep Covid out permanently. Trouble is their population thought he was a magician- now they are stuck and have to sweat it out.
    I think the people of WA are quite happy with their choice...and I have a feeling the people of Victoria were quite happy to play it safe with the unknown as well....despite the incessant bleatings of the likes of SkyNews and people like you.

Let's get back to footy.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 6th May 2022 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I think the people of WA are quite happy with their choice...and I have a feeling the people of Victoria were quite happy to play it safe with the unknown as well....despite the incessant bleatings of the likes of SkyNews and people like you.

Let's get back to footy.
    Totally. Us West Aussies voted with our vote!! Wiped out the State Liberal party. Death rates and ICU rates in WA still really low. That one football team has undisciplined players does not undermine the validity of the approach. Do our players go night-clubbing? Freo seem to be managing fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast