Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 11 v Richmond Tigers @ SCG

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Agree. Free spirited players like him don't come along every day. Massive upside. Now get Campbell in there with him. That goal he kicked from outside 50 showed he should be playing midfield. He got caught in traffic in defence that stifles his creativity.
    Its ridiculous . He is a top 5 player for us already and will only get better , but you come on here after games and theres always a but

But but but

He doesnt tackle enough , his kickings not good enough, he isnt good enough defensively , now hes not enough of a team player .

Absolute crap . He doesnt need to change a thing about himself or the way he plays . Only thing he needs to do is keep doing what he is doing because he will only get better . He will be a top 5 player in the comp

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Its ridiculous . He is a top 5 player for us already and will only get better , but you come on here after games and theres always a but

But but but

He doesnt tackle enough , his kickings not good enough, he isnt good enough defensively , now hes not enough of a team player .

Absolute crap . He doesnt need to change a thing about himself or the way he plays . Only thing he needs to do is keep doing what he is doing because he will only get better . He will be a top 5 player in the comp
    Are you referring to me with those comments? I think you have replied to the wrong post. I agreed with you for christ's sake.
    Last edited by Nico; 29th May 2022 at 04:34 PM.

What a load of rubbish . He plays with full intensity and is a supreme talent . He is a fantastic young player , end of !

But but but

TB, I ask this out of genuine interest and with reservation and respect … are you perpetually angry when not at a keyboard? So many posts just come across as passive aggressive, or just plain aggressive. Some topics you display a genuine passion about the content. I can understand you getting a little riled by them or in response to others. But others it just doesn’t seem to be healthy to harbour such rile.

I honestly mean no disrespect, just curious

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    TB, I ask this out of genuine interest and with reservation and respect … are you perpetually angry when not at a keyboard? So many posts just come across as passive aggressive, or just plain aggressive. Some topics you display a genuine passion about the content. I can understand you getting a little riled by them or in response to others. But others it just doesn’t seem to be healthy to harbour such rile.

I honestly mean no disrespect, just curious
    i am not angry , i say it as it is . But it is frustrating that i am accused of being negative and then i make a comment that is positive and every time someone gets critical and nit picks .Every time i have ever said something positive about Chad someones gotta argue with it .

Veterans List
    BTW loved Ramp's acceptance speech which avoided the usual cliches and spoke proudly about the indigenous legacy to our club and game.

Where can I find out how many 50m were paid to each side in the game? The frees were 30:31 (us:them), but how about the 50s?

Round 11 v Richmond Tigers @ SCG

Negatives…

Second quarter.
    Heeney’s slump.
    Umpiring being "blamed" for our win.

Positives…

Buddy. Looks as fit as ever.
    Rowbottom and Chad leading the charge.
    Mills is unstoppable.
    We have fitness and heart.
    Umpiring being "blamed" for our win, because wasn’t it bloody beautiful seeing how distressed Jack and Dusty were at the end and hearing the pain in BT’s voice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Negatives…

Second quarter.
    Heeney’s slump.
    Umpiring being "blamed" for our win.

Positives…

Buddy. Looks as fit as ever.
    Rowbottom and Chad leading the charge.
    Mills is unstoppable.
    We have fitness and heart.
    Umpiring being "blamed" for our win, because wasn’t it bloody beautiful seeing how distressed Jack and Dusty were at the end and hearing the pain in BT’s voice.

Loved your summary Deadly!
    I’m a bit worried about Heeney, but maybe we’re expecting a bit too much? He is being used all over the ground to plug holes- can’t we just leave him up front? Give Paps a bit more time in midfield- I was not happy when Heens was added to the midfield group as he is a major weapon in our forward line and kicks goals!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    .... wasn’t it bloody beautiful seeing how distressed Jack and Dusty were at the end and hearing the pain in BT’s voice.

On top of that it was third time Richmond had to play a game outside of Melbourne this year. It is always deeply unsettling for the
    entire club on the rare occasions they have to leave "the bubble". Our thoughts are with them at this difficult time.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Loved your summary Deadly!
    I’m a bit worried about Heeney, but maybe we’re expecting a bit too much? He is being used all over the ground to plug holes- can’t we just leave him up front? Give Paps a bit more time in midfield- I was not happy when Heens was added to the midfield group as he is a major weapon in our forward line and kicks goals!
    You don't want Heeney in the midfield but do want Papley there? Can't exactly the same arguements (both for or against midfield time) be applied to both players?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Only just watched the game after being interstate, I did of course catch the final siren lunacy.

A few quick observations

Wicks, has a long habit of giving away free kicks, always seems to push players when they are on the ground or getting up but THAT WAS DUMB!! I've been a supporter in the past however we can't allow those types of rank stupidity to go unpunished when he is a marginal best 22 player. Must be sent back to the ressies to find form and reflect on his behaviour. A stupid act like that could have been the difference between top four/making finals if we hadn't pulled the game out of the fire.

Roberts I saw a lot of in the SANFL last year and thought he was a good selection at pick 34. On Friday's showing, he is a long way from seniors intensity. I'm sure he'll make the grade but we get excited by the big numbers posted by players in the VFL when in reality this probably shows the huge gap between seniors and VFL. It's why despite all the glowing write ups of potential MSD draftees, it is unlikely very many of them maintain longer term spots on AFL lists after being drafted.

Umpires - Friday night was a cracking game of high standard and intensity but please umpires put the whistle away unless the free is obvious. Waaaay too many frees being plucked out for minor incidental things. As for umpires giving frees from 50-60 metres away, that are often wrong anyway - spare me!

Ladhams was great, he's still relatively inexperienced, still has upside in our system, very happy with the pick shuffle to snare him.

Campbell, square peg in round hole, not doing great things down back so free his run and boot up on the wing and forward of centre.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Only just watched the game after being interstate, I did of course catch the final siren lunacy.

A few quick observations

Wicks, has a long habit of giving away free kicks, always seems to push players when they are on the ground or getting up but THAT WAS DUMB!! I've been a supporter in the past however we can't allow those types of rank stupidity to go unpunished when he is a marginal best 22 player. Must be sent back to the ressies to find form and reflect on his behaviour. A stupid act like that could have been the difference between top four/making finals if we hadn't pulled the game out of the fire.

Roberts I saw a lot of in the SANFL last year and thought he was a good selection at pick 34. On Friday's showing, he is a long way from seniors intensity. I'm sure he'll make the grade but we get excited by the big numbers posted by players in the VFL when in reality this probably shows the huge gap between seniors and VFL. It's why despite all the glowing write ups of potential MSD draftees, it is unlikely very many of them maintain longer term spots on AFL lists after being drafted.

Umpires - Friday night was a cracking game of high standard and intensity but please umpires put the whistle away unless the free is obvious. Waaaay too many frees being plucked out for minor incidental things. As for umpires giving frees from 50-60 metres away, that are often wrong anyway - spare me!

Ladhams was great, he's still relatively inexperienced, still has upside in our system, very happy with the pick shuffle to snare him.

Campbell, square peg in round hole, not doing great things down back so free his run and boot up on the wing and forward of centre.
    +1

All good points.