Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 12 Pre-Match Thread, vs Melbourne at MCG, 7:25 PM Saturday 4 June

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Happily eat my words later, but some games are lost at the team selection stage and this looks like one of them.
    Some careers arent what they could have been thru the first 2yrs of mismanagement

Chances of Dyl becoming an elite mid are 5% due in some part to not enough games in and not enough midfield time, during his first 2 years

Campbell on the same path

Suspended by the MRP
    What a disgrace

Veterans List
    I'm confused about the Campbell omission too. And in more bad news we have Stevic again and another crap umpire in Nick Foot.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    How is a pick 5, touted as a Captain, best in draft mid, on the outer ?

He killed it as a sub, been on the outer since.

Match Committee are spuds
    So called "Team Balance".

Other clubs will now be sniffing around.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Happily eat my words later, but some games are lost at the team selection stage and this looks like one of them.
    Yep atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I'm confused about the Campbell omission too. And in more bad news we have Stevic again and another crap umpire in Nick Foot.
    Not sure if I am unhappy about Campbell or not. I think we are playing mids in defensive role and there is a tipping balance at some stage. oriordan is preferred over Campbell as we need proper defensive players in this game and Blakey is doing a great job with regards to offense and so did Colin in the last game.
    Campbell however needs to be played in a proper mid or wing role. It is clear within a year that the trajectory that everyone was hoping he would have Ala Callum Mills is not going to eventuate. Mcinerney needs to learn to be accountable in this game, he really gave too much latitude to Ralphsmith in the first two quarters. Hopefully he has learned coz if not, Ed Langdon is going to absolutely give him a thrashing.

Fleer is also a worry. Pretty sure he's screwed us over a couple of times.

Totally unexplainable and unacceptable leaving Campbell out and Wicks in.
    What on earth are our selectors thinking? I would like them to give us an explanation but of course that will never happen.

I don’t like harping on the same old, but we are carrying a passenger in Wicks. He just doesn’t do enough and that stupid free he gave away was the dumbest thing I’ve seen in a long time. How Horse can overlook that is beyond me.
    Yes, he kicked a goal- and Campbell got caught a few times- so what?

I’m really unhappy with this- I thought our selectors were better than make such a stupid decision.

COR and Fox are back ups
    Wicks is a spud, team balance is non existent when he is carried every week.

Floreant has been playing down back, so we can push Campbell up the ground.
    How about we give the guy drafted as a ball winner a chance to play on the ball

Match committee is pathetic.

They gave Mills 100 games before he played as a mid, under the mantra he is good down back but elite mids can play anywhere, Gary Ablett Jnr could have been a great back pocket too.

Everyone analyst in football can see it, so can arm chairers.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    How is a pick 5, touted as a Captain, best in draft mid, on the outer ?

He killed it as a sub, been on the outer since.
    Match Committee are spuds
    It is a good question

Wicks last 2weeks
    16 possessions, 1goal, 4 tackles, 5 frees against
    Got some pull with the selectors that kid

How is that reviewed by a competent person and still rewarded

A bit of a pile on over selection. I would’ve gone Campbell over Wicks too but can understand the reluctance to play Campbell in a new position this week especially after he only got 6 possessions himself last week. Unfortunately, I don’t think his tank is good enough to be playing mid yet either so it is forward or back until he can get at least another preseason into him.

I also reckon Fox is very underrated. I’m a fan. No star but will be doing the 1%ers long after everyone else is tired.

Wicks must be on notice. Any more brain fades and he must go.