Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 - vs Bulldogs at SCG, 7:50 PM, Friday 8 July 2022

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    How do you suggest we improve our midfield by the inclusion of Bell?
    Dont know if he will , thats the whole point . We dont know ! We do know who wont improve our midfield , check the team sheet for every game this yr thats got us into this mess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    So out of interest: we know who one player you'd push out is, and I'm not interested in inflaming the board by relitigating that.

Who are the other two?
    Florent Hayward , duds

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    By the same logic we can’t be sure if I’ll improve our midfield unless I get a game. Sounds bulletproof to me.

I’m available Friday

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Dont know if he will , thats the whole point . We dont know ! We do know who wont improve our midfield , check the team sheet for every game this yr thats got us into this mess

- - - Updated - - -

Florent Hayward , duds
    With all due respect I will try to be polite as possible, but I am glad that you are not part of the coaching staff or the selection panel for using your expression, I think you would be a dud.

Veterans List
    Some disappointing efforts against the Injectors but I doubt we'll see much change.

Harry racked them up in the ressies and is now fit so will obviously return, Campbell the most likely casualty.

We don't get enough out of Hayward but is there an obvious replacement?

Gould - we have to try him at some time or its pick 26 and three years down the gurgler. Seems to have a lot of attributes to succeed at senior level. Problem now is that we are in a dogfight for the bottom of the eight so when do we try him if we don't get a "suitable" injury in the seniors. I know that Crows will grab him for free if he doesn't get a game.

Bell is a good VFL footballer but the extra pressure and speed at senior level finds out his decison making and skills. This only goes up again in finals so Bell is not a contender for a senior game despite a lot of possessions at the weekend which lets face it were against a team half made up of toppies.

Senior Player
    Yep. What did Longmire say the other day when talking about the send-off rule? Let's all just take a deep breath or something
    to that effect. He has spent 11 seasons or whatever it is, not going nuts with the personnel changes after a poor game, and he's
    unlikely to start now.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yep. What did Longmire say the other day when talking about the send-off rule? Let's all just take a deep breath or something
    to that effect. He has spent 11 seasons or whatever it is, not going nuts with the personnel changes after a poor game, and he's
    unlikely to start now.
    A poor game ? Where were you after the Port adelaide game ? Or what about that quarter against the blues , ? Gold coast suns ? Didnt we have a poor game against the same side we play this week ? Same personnel minus a few . Nothing has changed except supporters willingness to accept rubbish from this team that is capable of better ! One step forward two steps back all the time but nothing to see here !

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    ... We don't get enough out of Hayward but is there an obvious replacement? ...
    He did top the tackle count, with Parker, on the weekend. The only fwd with 4 or more tackles. Buddy had 3 and Heeney, Papley and McDonald 2.
    Is he playing the role the coaches want him to?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

Florent Hayward , duds

Mmmm. So I've been open with my frustration of Ollie's inconsistency, and Hayward could do more (though I think there are times he does a bucket of unrewarded work). But I'm not sure either are playing midfield right now. Will certainly not, and Ollie rarely of late.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Mmmm. So I've been open with my frustration of Ollie's inconsistency, and Hayward could do more (though I think there are times he does a bucket of unrewarded work). But I'm not sure either are playing midfield right now. Will certainly not, and Ollie rarely of late.
    Want to know why we keep losing ? We have too many who do nothing then after the game they 're excused with look how many tackles they had , the pressure they put on , how much work they do off the ball . Well why dont we try and find some who know how to do things WITH the ball ? Win it and use it well , its not rocket science FFS

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Want to know why we keep losing ?...
    Because it is a team sport and no one wins everything?
    ... Well why dont we try and find some who know how to do things WITH the ball ? Win it and use it well , its not rocket science FFS
    and what does the rest of the team do when this one player has the ball? Just sit back and watch? No, they have to do those things "off the ball" that many coaches appear to rate.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Looks like English is back for Friday's game.

I don't think we'll swing too many changes but back in who we have to respond. My tips would be Ladhams and Cunningham in. McDonald and Campbell out.

If Ladhams is still out of favour, then Amartey. I wouldn't mind seeing Gould at some stage ...

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Because it is a team sport and no one wins everything?
    and what does the rest of the team do when this one player has the ball? Just sit back and watch? No, they have to do those things "off the ball" that many coaches appear to rate.
    One player ? Its lots of players . Need more than just 1 involved in a passage to get from ruck contest / kick in to goal . Cmon. You cant get a goal without players getting their hands on the ball in the first place . We are 15th in the comp for disposals . Not good enough

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast