Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans media thread - interesting articles, vids of key moments

Veteran Site Admin
    And weirdly we seem to have recruited Rhylee West during the off-season. (Caption to the final photograph.)

Not really sure how a caption error like that happens.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    And weirdly we seem to have recruited Rhylee West during the off-season. (Caption to the final photograph.)

Not really sure how a caption error like that happens.
    Seems to have been fixed now if it's the photo of Parker jumping?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    “Have I double parked you in or something ?”

Dane Rampe

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/how...bjo2.html?btis
    Richard Collis called Swans supporters the least feral in the AFL. Maybe he has never been to a Swans online forum? how about one particular FB group that would make Pies fans proud

I've belatedly found this article: How Sydney Swans built The Bloods culture | Sydney Swans | The Guardian. It's a good 'un.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Interview with Papley where he is quite generous sharing his own personal story: Papley mindful of speaking up (sydneyswans.com.au). Worth listening if you're interested to learn a little bit more about Paps. It's a bit over 20 minutes.

For those who are interested in trauma-informed practice a couple of things stood out to me. First, the way the interviewers used the technique of passing a ball back and forth or walking while interviewing, which is a great way of helping someone to stay grounded and not get overwhelmed by trauma (not that this was especially relevant to Papley, who said he hasn't personally struggled much with his mental health). Second, they appeared to sandwich the more intimate questions about how Papley deals with adversity between questions about happier memories. I imagine that helps you to ground as well.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    I enjoyed this via Twitter. Daughter of a certain player named Davis kicking the winner in the dying moments of their Academy match.

Something about the name Davis and match winning goals in the final stages of a game…

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I enjoyed this via Twitter. Daughter of a certain player named Davis kicking the winner in the dying moments of their Academy match.

Something about the name Davis and match winning goals in the final stages of a game…
    Nick seems pleased. And we did manage to win all three games.

Senior Player
    SEN article - Corey Weightman looking to emulate Tom Papley and studying video of his midfield work. It is about halfway into the article.

Emerging Bulldog’s unique relationship with former Bombers, Power forward

Senior Player
    News.com.au story - Franklin piece with comments from Heeney

Buddy’s eyes on prize for possible last lap

Senior Player
    Fairly typical pre-season article, which is to say not great, but I thought it was notable that for the header image from AAP/Getty, someone chose young Errol for the face of the Swans. Not much Swans content though.

AFL 2023 predicted ladder: Collingwood hit summit – but flag is anyone’s to claim | AFL | The Guardian

Senior Player
    A fairly good summary of the Buddy situation, I thought:

‘He’s still a topliner’: What is a reasonable expectation for 36-year-old Buddy?

Senior Player
    Kane Cornes saying again (he said it last season too) that the SA teams should be putting in big offers for Will Haywood.

Kane Cornes' nine observations from Round 2 of the 2023 season

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast