Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 20, vs GWS at the SCG, on Saturday 30 July, 2:10 PM

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yep, watching him on Saturday, he was not moving easily. He could not run freely.
    He attended 50% of CBA on Saturday, compared to 80-90% usually when Ladhams is out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Pretty sure Horse mentioned in his post-game presser that Hickey is struggling with a few niggles including his foot and ankle.
    Fair enough, and thanks for clarifying. Sounds like they are simply trying to get him to battle through till Ladhams returns, or he somehow recovers (which I'm not sure how a ruckman easily does that with foot and ankle injuries . . . )
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Goes up to 11
    If Hickey needs a rest to get over his niggles we should rest him now, and make do with Reid and Amartey in the rucks this week. We want him right come finals time.

GWS rested a few players last weekend and expect to have 4-5 back so it will be a hard contested game.

Joey and Campbell in for Clarke and Wicks. Hopefully Hickey will be ok as Reid and Armety pairing will struggle.

What have I missed ? Why the hell would Clarke be dropped ? Crows had to move Dawson such was his minimal impact in the first qtr. He is Playing like a man that’s super hungry , leave him in . There’s more talented players no doubt not getting a game , but give me someone who knows he is playing for career any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don’t need to pick the most talented side, just the most effective side against whichever opponent we face.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    What have I missed ? Why the hell would Clarke be dropped ? Crows had to move Dawson such was his minimal impact in the first qtr. He is Playing like a man that’s super hungry , leave him in . There’s more talented players no doubt not getting a game , but give me someone who knows he is playing for career any day

You don’t run Dobbin when Winx is available.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    It's been working for us lately...

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Winx won her first 3 races , then only 1 of her next 7 . Even champions need to find there feet . Not into gifting games on potential alone .
    On potential Campbell and Sheldrick have Clarke covered no doubt as others do as well.
    Campbell has had a few senior games we’re he looks highly likely but just hasn’t quite taken that next step. That’s fine his time will come but needs to knock down the barn door , I hope he does
    Sheldrick had a fair lay off but needs match conditioning now . The kid can play .
    All good problems to have as it keeps the senior guys on edge .

Regarding Clarke, he's done the job asked of him in each match, and hit the scoreboard, too.
    Dawson has been one of Adelaide's best players this season, but had no impact when playing on Clarke, and minimal impact when moved away from half back. Laird and Berry were their best players by a mile.
    Yes, we miss Dawson, but Blakey has blossomed in the half back role, and Paddy McCartin is an elite field kick, so we're not missing him as much as we possibly could have.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Regarding Clarke, he's done the job asked of him in each match, and hit the scoreboard, too.
    Dawson has been one of Adelaide's best players this season, but had no impact when playing on Clarke, and minimal impact when moved away from half back. Laird and Berry were their best players by a mile.
    Yes, we miss Dawson, but Blakey has blossomed in the half back role, and Paddy McCartin is an elite field kick, so we're not missing him as much as we possibly could have.
    Great overview we haven’t exactly taken a backward step with our back six and in fact having three of them playing that role for the first time ever and delivering the results we have seen is to be applauded. Imagine when they get the hang of it 😀

The only change is to accommodate Josh Kennedy in the side given Longmire has given a clear indication that he is going to be in there.
    And Clarke is the only player who can make way even though he has been great for the last few weeks. Come September we will need more than a one trick pony - not saying he is one but there will be adjustments by the opposition that we will need to factor in. But geez if we go Kennedy he won’t be able to do what Clarke has done recently.
    I can see that one of them is going to sit on the sub bench. And otherwise no change to the team needed if Hickey is fit. However COVID and Injury in coming weeks can change everything. 🤞

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast