Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Prelim Final: Swans vs Collingwood 4.45pm Sat 17 September SCG

Senior Player
    All the ground size nonsense is just that.
    SCG has been the same for yonks, as has every ground in the competition.
    Just "Look over there" stuff from Collingwood and their media mates down there.
    We knocked them off by outskilling, outcoaching and outlasting them a few weeks back.
    Both sides have played well since, sweeping all before them.
    Given reasonable conditions, reasonable officiating and no game breaking injuries, I see a cracker.
    Even money, with the home ground advantage maybe making the difference.
    Gonna be a great night.

SCG does favour the Swans, the stats backs it up.
    Swans Win/Loss record: 248/169
    Collingwood: 10/17
    https://afltables.com/afl/venues/scg.html

SCC was shorter but they lengthened it during one of the recent renovations I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    SCC was shorter but they lengthened it during one of the recent renovations I believe
    I thought it was lengthened during both of the recent new stand builds - Trumper and Noble/Bradman. Few metres added each time if I remember rightly.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I thought it was lengthened during both of the recent new stand builds - Trumper and Noble/Bradman. Few metres added each time if I remember rightly.
    Let's not tell Collingwood OK. Or maybe we should. Then their heads will really be spinning, so many dimensions, so little time!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    I have heard from an unreliable source that both Mihochek and Maynard are not training with the main group. Mihochek has a knee issue and Maynard has a groin problem. He says both have been reported both on Fox and in papers although I have failed to find these sources. Is there anyone who has any further news?

I always worry about such players because they tend to be the ones that are most desperate on game day.
    Yes I heard this reported on either the channel 10 or channel 7 news yesterday.

Veterans List
    I know that Sam Reid gets confused as Ben Reid at times, (I'm looking at you Luke Darcy), but channel 10 has totally forgotten about him. They had a quiz question before the Sports segment asking how many Swans players are remaining from the 2012 premiership side. Their answer was 2...Luke Parker and Josh Kennedy. Poor Reid.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I know that Sam Reid gets confused as Ben Reid at times, (I'm looking at you Luke Darcy), but channel 10 has totally forgotten about him. They had a quiz question before the Sports segment asking how many Swans players are remaining from the 2012 premiership side. Their answer was 2...Luke Parker and Josh Kennedy. Poor Reid.
    That's because he wasn't playing that day. His brother Ben was. But I guess Sam, like the Swans, is "flying under the radar".
    No one knows his name and he isn't a premiership player after all.
    Last edited by KTigers; 14th September 2022 at 09:20 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    That's because he wasn't playing that day. His brother Ben was. But I guess Sam, like the Swans, is "flying under the radar".
    No one knows his name and he isn't a premiership player after all.
    And Ben played a pretty good game at CHF for us too.

McRae trying to get the umps to pay closer attention to see if our kicks are going the required distance…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pies are really desperately focusing in on the mind games with that latest dribble DA. Sense there is more than a bit of fear about the challenge on Saturday in their group, and McRae (rightly so) trying to motivate his players and heap pressure on the Swans.

Meanwhile we just keep on getting on with what needs to be done.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Pies are really desperately focusing in on the mind games with that latest dribble DA. Sense there is more than a bit of fear about the challenge on Saturday in their group, and McRae (rightly so) trying to motivate his players and heap pressure on the Swans.

Meanwhile we just keep on getting on with what needs to be done.
    Absolutely. There really is a lot of jibber jabber coming out of their camp. From the ground size killed us last time (well, you get the same ground this week), to 'we've got nothing to lose' (ah, yes, you do), to short kicks (nice try), to Mason Cox saying he's better in the ruck than up forward (actually, no, you're bog average at both), it's just relentless. I guess some teams find their motivation in different ways, but the myopic indulgence of their nonsense from the Melbourne media is just nauseating.

Meanwhile, they keep also writing articles saying Bud is dead and buried, whilst our blokes just keep their head down and march towards Saturday.

It all tells us nothing, but it's so annoying to sit through.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast