Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Season – what’s happening Premier and Platinum Divisions

Hey, can someone tell me where to look to get tribunal results ?

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Hey, can someone tell me where to look to get tribunal results ?
    Previously they would show on the Sydney AFL website under a Tribunal tab but i don't think they do anymore

Interesting point Magoo, but I don't think recruiting guys who can't make North Shores top team would do much to help you beat them the next year. They might fit into your top 22 but probably not in the top half depending on the club.

How much money do clubs have to throw at players these days? There seems to be little movement between clubs anyway so you'd likely have to pay a bit to leave their mates. Couple of guys I know chased cash in their early 20s but hardly became worth it when you factored in travelling across Sydney for training a couple nights a week.

Does it help club culture bringing in guys who couldn't get a prems game at another club to play prems at yours?

Agree its hard to challenge the status quo. Young people moving to Sydney are living close to the city rather than out in the suburbs as a general rule. So most clubs have to rely on juniors coming through or go out and find sponsors willing to throw cash around.

Mac Uni have forfeit both grades against Camden tomorrow. That's a bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Mac Uni have forfeit both grades against Camden tomorrow. That's a bad sign.
    Unbelievable. Such a strong club with Many Teams not so long ago

Righto with only a couple weeks to go I would like to get some early crows from what we’ve all seen in the top grades.

Who is going to win Each of the top grades?

Prems, Finally North Shores time I think

Prems ressies I think Sydney uni to go one better than a GF loss last year.

Plats: Camden to get the job done, Balmain a serious late year threat to both Camden and south west title aspirations.

Plats Ressies: South west

Womens East coast to take the title again.

Interested in any thoughts in what I believe is gonna be a bumper final series coming up.

Finals schedule shows no Henson park with Blacktown and kanebridge sharing the stampede of football this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think UTS are a serious threat to Women’s Prems. Playing very well at the moment.

Pushing for Selection
    Are all the UNSWES blokes OS? Seemed to have dropped off a cliff. Have heard of several men's (UNSWES?) and women's (East Coast/Nth Shore) teams being impacted heavily by people heading OS though.

Prems: North Shore
    Ressies: North Shore
    Prems Women: East Coast
    Plats: South West
    Plat Ressies: Camden

Looking at team selections think you'll find heaps of unsw players overseas
    Probably happening to lots of clubs.
    Prems Unsw
    Ressies North Shore
    Plates Camden
    P Ressies Camden

Almost Football Legend
    This year's the first time since 2019 that overseas travel has been viable; so there's 4 years worth of unavailiabilities at once. I think most clubs are struggling to fill all their teams at the moment.

Mens Prems - North Shore clearly the benchmark at the moment. Getting it done in finals has been their Archilles heel in recent years, but at the moment they'd have to be hot favourites.
    Womens Prems - UTS top at the moment, but finals are a new ball game, and the Eagles have the experience to get it done.
    Platinum - Camden undefeated so far, it'll take something special to knock them off.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

All clubs hit by overseas travel bug - next few weeks may see some real turnarounds in results but North are as badly affected as anyone so will just be a case of how much others have been missing their absolute top enders.

Surprised to see Norths knock off Camden on the weekend