Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 v Giants at the SCG, 2.10pm Saturday 29 April (pre-game thread)

Veteran Site Admin
    I suspect the odds factor in an expectation of Rampe and Tom McCartin returning. If they are missing when the teams are named, I expect those odds will change.

Unfortunately Rampe is out until at least the bye according to the latest injury report (Injury Update: Roberts, Fox to miss Derby clash). However, Franklin and T McCartin are absent from the report so are a good chance to be named.

Out: Roberts, Fox, Cunningham
    In: Sheldrick, Franklin, McCartin

Francis goes back. Mills back to the mids.

I was close. McInerney out instead of Cunningham. Probably fair considering his form.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I was close. McInerney out instead of Cunningham. Probably fair considering his form.
    They're good ins. Let's hope we lift with some structure (a key forward and back) back in the squad. I'm hoping getting spanked last week is a catalyst for ferocity on Saturday. Mills needs to play in the guts for the whole match.

Adding Franklin and T. McCartin already give the team a better structure. Hopefully Sheldrick can transfer his VFL form to the seniors. Really looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    McInerney given a clip, as he should have, off the pace this year.

Gus rewarded for very strong form in the VFL but needs to play some time in the middle, he looks a ball magnet and is tough.

Sub will be interesting

I couldn't resist last weekend the $4.50 on offer for GWS, even after the Kardinia Park massacre. Happy to lose my $50

Veterans List
    Where are people seeing that McInerney is out? The link in the swans email and the article on the Swans app has Gould as the out (along with the injured Fox and Roberts).

Look at the emergencies Mel. JMac is listed as one of four emergencies, along with Gould, Corey and Lachlan.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Where are people seeing that McInerney is out? The link in the swans email and the article on the Swans app has Gould as the out (along with the injured Fox and Roberts).
    The AFL website, and the Swans website, both show him as an emergency - and being omitted.

For what it’s worth, as an avowed believer in McInerney, I agree - even if it’s to make him the sub. The simple fact is the last few weeks he’s not covering the ground and in particular, stopped going on the long, ranging runs offensively that made him so exciting and damaging. He needs to be encouraged to get back to his best and play with some dare.

The other changes suggest Francis will go back to help McCartin, and I hope that it means Mills (and Sheldrick) are in the middle fixing our biggest woe - winning the ball.

Two other things:

- congrats to McCartin on what will be game 100. I saw a stat the other day that over the past two years, the only defenders to win more one on one contests are Harris Andrews, Sam Taylor and Steven May. He’s got some limitations, but he does the first job of a defender very well.

- not sure who among the players can best sell the virtues of the Swans, but they should be asked to stand Himmelberg and get into his ear 😉
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

On the veteran's list
    McInerney will make a terrific sub. Gould got his just desserts after two uninspiring outings. McAndrew not sub material. Corey perhaps the last man standing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    McInerney will make a terrific sub. Gould got his just desserts after two uninspiring outings. McAndrew not sub material. Corey perhaps the last man standing.
    Agree about McInerney. With his running ability, coming on as a winger would be awesome. Would take the pressure off him as well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

I couldn't resist last weekend the $4.50 on offer for GWS, even after the Kardinia Park massacre. Happy to lose my $50
    You deserve to betting against us.

Actually, I detest the entire gambling industry but that's just me. It serves no positive purpose in society at all.....but of course, people can do what they want with their money.

I prefer not to line the pockets of scum.

Rant over.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast