Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Round 7: the other games. Surely this ladder can't be right?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Just from my experience being on the Keto diet/lifesyle for last 5 years as directed by doctor, which has helped me lose 42kgs. In essence you get your body to produce and run on ketones (instead of sugar/glucose) by eating a low carb / high fat diet with intermittent fasting (one meal a day).

Your body develops a slow energy burn instead of a fast one on sugar/glucose, which tires you more quickly.

I personally feel much more energised and switched on cognitively as a result. My blood work results have improved dramatically including clearing up my fatty liver. I was classified as a pre-diabetic. My blood sugar and particularly my insulin have fallen dramatically. Didn't realise how much hidden sugars & carbs we consume by eating processed foods which includes bread, pasta, rice and grains. Haven't looked back and not difficult to maintain once your body adjusts.

Great story....about 12 years ago I stopped eating a lot of processed good and cut down on dairy. Got back to my natural weight. Lost weight all over including in my legs. Has made a big difference, mentally as well as physically. Exercise important as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Great story....about 12 years ago I stopped eating a lot of processed good and cut down on dairy. Got back to my natural weight. Lost weight all over including in my legs. Has made a big difference, mentally as well as physically. Exercise important as well.
    Exercise is important as it goes in hand with maintaining joints and heart health. Also seen studies where along with diet, exercise helps boosts your immune system. Haven't barely had a sniffle in the last 5 years and not caught covid (touch wood). Have maintained my flu/covid vaccines mind you.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Exercise is important as it goes in hand with maintaining joints and heart health. Also seen studies where along with diet, exercise helps boosts your immune system. Haven't barely had a sniffle in the last 5 years and not caught covid (touch wood). Have maintained my flu/covid vaccines mind you.
    Agree. I also see a Chinese doctor regularly for Chinese medicine and acupuncture. He uses pulse analysis. Very helpful. Thriving practice. Variety of people go go see him, including lots of Chinese.

Senior Player
    I think we need to keep you blokes away from the team. If we are going to be able to match Geelong anytime soon our fellas
    are going to need to weigh more, not less.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think we need to keep you blokes away from the team. If we are going to be able to match Geelong anytime soon our fellas
    are going to need to weigh more, not less.
    LOL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345