Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 9 - Pre Match List - vs Fremantle at SCG at 1:45 PM, Saturday 13 May 2023

I wonder if Campbell and Blakey eventually become mids.

We put Dawson down back for years and it seemed rightfully so but its hard to argue with his game as a mid, top 3 Brownlow fancy.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Not sure what you are getting at?
    If they made that inclusion (which we see now they have) I wonder how fair dinkum they are about winning. Surely an underdone Melican would provide more.

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    I wonder if Campbell and Blakey eventually become mids.

We put Dawson down back for years and it seemed rightfully so but its hard to argue with his game as a mid, top 3 Brownlow fancy.
    Didn’t the Lizard start on the wing and gradually move down back, where he seems to play his best football?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Didn’t the Lizard start on the wing and gradually move down back, where he seems to play his best football?
    Was thrown everywhere early but now he is a settld star i wonder if thats where he eventually goes.

Campbell no brainer, best rated mid of the draft, has to go in there and be left to get his own ball.

Like i said Dawson is the example, owned his role in defense, put into the mids when he left and likely to win a Brownlow.

Was thrown everywhere early but now he is a settld star i wonder if thats where he eventually goes.

Campbell no brainer, best rated mid of the draft, has to go in there and be left to get his own ball.

Like i said Dawson is the example, owned his role in defense, put into the mids when he left and likely to win a Brownlow.
    In case facts mean anything, Dawson hardly played any inside mid for Adelaide last year. He didn't attend one CBA for Adelaide from round 4 onwards. It has only been since round 3 this year where he has been played as a midfielder.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    In case facts mean anything, Dawson hardly played any inside mid for Adelaide last year. He didn't attend one CBA for Adelaide from round 4 onwards. It has only been since round 3 this year where he has been played as a midfielder.
    Knowing our coaching, if we had picked up Paddy McCartin without losing Dawson, we would probably then have misused the latter in a half forward pocket role instead of trying him in the midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Knowing our coaching, if we had picked up Paddy McCartin without losing Dawson, we would probably then have misused the latter in a half forward pocket role instead of trying him in the midfield
    I doubt that but we will never know. I was merely using facts to point out that Dawson wasn't immediately used in a different role with Adelaide.

Some people hate the way our coaches have used/developed our players. Some think that our win/loss records suggest otherwise. I personally think, like all of us, they have made some mistakes and have had some huge wins.

Certain players stay in defence and thrive, like Lloyd, Ramps and i think Ollie is better suited there.
    I also think think Lizard, occasionally, and Campbell especially need to go to the Mids.

If Campbell was drafted any other team he would be in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Also regardless on when Dawson went into the midfield, he will be be an All Australian mid this year.

Senior Player
    Dawson often played on the wing during games for us

Ollie is actually a good example of a young player who played in the mids or on a wing but has moved back. Warner played in the mids from his 2nd game with us. Rowbottom has also played in the mids from the get go. It's a fallacy that we don't play young guys in the mids. Longmire plays them where he thinks it is best suited for their development and the team. For Campbell to be playing mids, someone has to move out of the mids. Who do you want that to be?

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Ollie is actually a good example of a young player who played in the mids or on a wing but has moved back. Warner played in the mids from his 2nd game with us. Rowbottom has also played in the mids from the get go. It's a fallacy that we don't play young guys in the mids. Longmire plays them where he thinks it is best suited for their development and the team. For Campbell to be playing mids, someone has to move out of the mids. Who do you want that to be?
    Campbell is a line breaking mid, move out whoever or add him to the rotation.

Move Gulden to the wing permanently
    Play Stephens as a defender

Sheezel from North is 3yrs younger and averaging 30 touches

Campbell is the best rated mid from his draft class, 3 yrs ago.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Sheezel from North is 3yrs younger and averaging 30 touches ...
    Not really comparing apples with apples here. I would like to think that the Swans have a much better list to choose from (when most are fit)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast