Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 10 vs North Melbourne @ Marvel - Match Thread

Why did they throw Gould forward? Dumb

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Oh dear. Well, that’s the one way to win.

But I’m happy for them. They’ve been, literally and figuratively, bashed up the past month, so it must feel good to run out the game and get the win. I hope they enjoy it.

Parker enormous. Gulden and Chad excellent. A few good moments of class from Heeney later in the game. And the way Bud pushed up the ground, as well as stuck some tackles, that last quarter was fantastic. He wanted a win.

And McAndrew is a total keeper. There was a stretch early in the first quarter where they had four or five ball ups in the North forward 50 and you could see Goldstein trying to work him over to get a tap into space and McAndrew held him off.

He’s got great reach, and you can see he’ll be very awkward for opposing as he gets stronger. He threw a few taps with his right hand over his left shoulder that didn’t quite land, but as he and the players at his feet learn to read each other, he will make a real impact.

He’s got work to do to get into the play around the ground, but his ruck instincts and traits are excellent, he’s unafraid of contact and will get stronger, he’s a good tackler, and he seems a fast learner. We look to have a good one.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Great to have you back stevo!! Don't leave us!

For anyone who feels a bit strange about the way we won today, don't forget that it was Norf morons who booed Goodesy from start to finish in what ended up being his final game. i hope Roos fans have gone home feeling absolutely gutted - they deserve it!

GO YOU MIGHTY BLOODS!!!!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post

For anyone who feels a bit strange about the way we won today, don't forget that it was Norf morons who booed Goodesy from start to finish in what ended up being his final game. i hope Roos fans have gone home feeling absolutely gutted - they deserve it!

GO YOU MIGHTY BLOODS!!!!
    Exactly. A rotten bunch.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post

GO YOU MIGHTY BLOODS!!!!
    Great to be back with a win!

Yeah, I don't care about Norf.....those turds can sook all they like.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Biggest positive out of today was McAndrew. He’s very raw but I thought he rucked well and competed well out of the middle

Errol and Parker massive again

Not a lot else to really take out of it
    North had all the momentum in the last quarter, were 16 points up on their home ground, yet the Swans got back in it, and managed to win. Showed a fair bit of fighting spirit, despite our obvious lack of confidence. That’s something else to take out of it.
    Also keeps my tips at 100% this weekend.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post

Unfortunately, I tipped the Crows who are getting pantsed by the effing F-Pups.

It wasn't easy beating the high flying Kangaroos. Thanks to the umps who threw their weight behind us in this critical game for 15th place. Congratulations to our list managers who put their efforts into recruiting the best interchange counters in the league, instead of wasting their time drafting good players who will only bail out when their contract is up. We look set for a bright future (basking in the sun in September).

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    By the way, wasn’t that rule brought in because of us having 19 players on the ground briefly at one point against, ironically, Norf? The name Jesse White comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It wasn't easy beating the high flying Kangaroos. Thanks to the umps who threw their weight behind us in this critical game for 15th place. Congratulations to our list managers who put their efforts into recruiting the best interchange counters in the league, instead of wasting their time drafting good players who will only bail out when their contract is up. We look set for a bright future (basking in the sun in September).
    Dawson and?

Too funny! It is genuinely good for morale for the players to have a win. Also a positive is a debutant who holds promise.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    North had all the momentum in the last quarter, were 16 points up on their home ground, yet the Swans got back in it, and managed to win. Showed a fair bit of fighting spirit, despite our obvious lack of confidence. That’s something else to take out of it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Spot on KG! We kicked the last 3 goals of the match. Sure, the last one was a gift but the ball was in our forward line already! Might've kicked a goal anyway.

It's a win and it's a win against a club with grubby supporters! Celebrate!

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast