Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 10 vs North Melbourne @ Marvel - Match Thread

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I don't see it as a hollow win, either. We led at quarter time, half time and three quarter time. Norf put 4 quick goals on us to take a 16 pt lead in the final quarter but we fought back. Sure, the last goal was fortuitous for us but technically correct. And when the siren went, the ball was on our forward line again.

GO BLOODS!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    At the start of the year, I thought Hawthorn and West Coast would fight it out for the Harley Reid Cup. But it won’t be a contest, and allowing for an injury list that is putrid compared even to us, there’s something wrong there.

As for splitting no1. No way, they’d be mad to anyway. Reid will make Daicos and Ashcroft look like punks. I get Norf did it last year, but apparently they rated Sheezel no1 (after Ashcroft), so they got him anyway, and the bonus of Wardlaw.
    George Wardlaw had a monster debut. Dude is going to be an absolute star.

Veteran Site Admin
    We also kept them in the game early with our customary generosity in front of our own goal.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Hayward has been cleared for the bump on Wardlaw.

The AFL MRO says: "As the ball is in the air, Hayward and Wardlaw both jump from opposite directions to contest and high contact is made by Hayward on Wardlaw. It was the view of the MRO that Hayward's actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken."

MATCH REVIEW: Rankine, Hayward learn fates for high collisions
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Hey waswan, I'll agree with you on that one. To this day I do not know why we did not snap up Serong.
    ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We also kept them in the game early with our customary generosity in front of our own goal.
    Agree Liz, we should have been 6 goals up by the 20 minute mark of the first quarter. Frightening to think how many goals we’ve left out there this season.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Agree Liz, we should have been 6 goals up by the 20 minute mark of the first quarter. Frightening to think how many goals we’ve left out there this season.

And this time under closed roof . There was some excuse in the wind in the Port match but certainly not on Saturday .... Surely must be a mental thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And this time under closed roof . There was some excuse in the wind in the Port match but certainly not on Saturday .... Surely must be a mental thing?
    Definitely is a mental thing. Some of those misses were very ordinary. Hayward, for example, seems to have lost all confidence kicking for goal from dead in front. He’s not alone.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Wow.

North:Sydney

(Screenshot from the AFL app.)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Not surprised with these stats. It was so frustrating at the ground watching North just run off with the ball after every stoppage.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I seriously think if the AFL did a holistic view of whether north and their fans are worth keeping in the comp, they cons outweigh the pros. They, along with Hawthorn are racist to the core, and they did a great job of trying to disrupt indigenous round this weekend with their coaches (and supporters) antics.
    North as a club are well respected for the work they do in the local multi cultural area and provide facilities for that community. Unfortunately, there is a section of their supporter base who give the majority of their fans a bad name.

Senior Player
    Re “real supporters”, one of us (an active poster) out of 58 tipped the lowly North to beat our Swannies in the RWO tipping completion

So sad…. that they were almost right!

Next week, I can see a lot of us tipping the Blues even with their recent form.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Hindsight drafting always picks the right players LOL

Haven't looked at the stats but just watching the game I reckon we've lost most of the key ones but came away with a W, the win flattered us

Had a read of the Norf BF Autopsy thread, some seriously disturbed foaming at the mouth mental cases among their supporter base - and we wonder why the mindless booing doesn't stop? Have a read of that BF thread.
    There was sadly nothing hindsight or LOL about Stephens' selection - many of us were scathing about it at the time and we've been proven sadly right.

You are right about the North BF thread - holy crap, there is some serious baggage there. In baseball, they talk about the Curse of the Bambino - reckon North suffer from the Curse of Goodesy. My blood still boils to think of many of those arseholes booing one of the game's greats off the field in his final moments.