Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 14 vs Brisbane Lions at the GABBA, 5:50PM Friday 16 June

Senior Player

Rnd 14 vs Brisbane Lions at the GABBA, 5:50PM Friday 16 June

Friday night game which the AFL are probably regretting after our poor skills and unwatchable effort last week!

Lions will be on fire after losing to the Hawks.

We get Parker back, and maybe McCartin. Hopefully Blakey’s toe injury is not serious?

Would like to see Sheldrick get more games but he won’t get many rotations if he is in the team for Clarke/Wicks, especially if we also get Florent back into the midfield. Do we need Clarke to tag Rich?

Also interesting to see Franklin vs Daniher impact and Warner vs Dunkley impact - Ludwig is calling for Buddy to be dropped or to play sub, but I don’t think the team will do that.

Anyway, for me, given our team rarely makes big changes, I think the selection will be:

Ins: Parker and Tom McCartin if ready
    Outs: Wicks and Cunningham

Veteran Site Admin
    Buddy could probably tag Rich. He’s got a great kick on him but he’s slow and barely runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Friday night game which the AFL are probably regretting after our poor skills and unwatchable effort last week!

Lions will be on fire after losing to the Hawks.

We get Parker back, and maybe McCartin. Hopefully Blakey’s toe injury is not serious?

Would like to see Sheldrick get more games but he won’t get many rotations if he is in the team for Clarke/Wicks, especially if we also get Florent back into the midfield. Do we need Clarke to tag Rich?

Also interesting to see Franklin vs Daniher impact and Warner vs Dunkley impact - Ludwig is calling for Buddy to be dropped or to play sub, but I don’t think the team will do that.

Anyway, for me, given our team rarely makes big changes, I think the selection will be:

Ins: Parker and Tom McCartin if ready
    Outs: Wicks and Cunningham
    I would drop Clarke and keep Wicks. Rich is really loose. He doesn't really defend. As a straight out defender he would have to be worlds worst. As a weapon in delivery off HB he is good. But he is slow and Wicks has his measure.

Franklin needs a rest. He has managed just 10 goals this year. He is the greatest forward ever but time is running out and he is not right. Time to move on to the future. I agree with Ludwig

As for Daniher. Does Tommy McCartin come back? There is no evidence so far that he will. If he doesn't we need to get Francis the hell out of there. His indecision on whether to go or not to go has been costly. His forwards are kicking easy goals because he failed to engage. If Tommy is not available then bring in Arnold. Melican stays, he was good in a @@@@e team.

Parker returns. Clarke out, Parker in. This gives us much more flexibility. Coleman is out for them so Rich is it.

Is Hickey OK? He got flogged by a capable but not top ruck last week. I am not sure he still has it in him. But we have no Ladhams and Big Mac is not really ready to take the mantle yet. Conundrum.

The midfield is a huge worry. They are one of the best combos going round.

Do we win? I doubt it. Unless we can get Milks back we lose. He makes a huge difference to the mids.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Buddy could probably tag Rich. He’s got a great kick on him but he’s slow and barely runs.
    I think Buddy should be rested and Wicks plays on Rich. Clarke to go

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Ha ha. It's so true. While Rich gets a game at Brisbane, Brisbane aren't serious flag contenders. Too slow.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I remember in our round 1, 2021 bash up of Brisbane, we regularly played through him. I think he was notionally on Errol, who made a mockery of him on debut. Good sides have been doing it ever since.

I too would like to see a Buddy-Rich match up, mainly because it’d allow a clever commentator to make a reference to arguably the most influential drummer to have ever lived.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    I would drop J Mac. He’s become a slow, turnover prone version of himself. No sense of urgency or strategy with ball in hand. Very much a passenger at the mo IMHO.
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Does Tommy McCartin come back? ... If Tommy is not available then bring in Arnold.
    Arnold making his debut against his former side? Could be a stroke of genius.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I think Buddy should be rested and Wicks plays on Rich. Clarke to go

I really don’t see the value in Wicks at the moment. In fairness he has returned from quite a lengthy injury so maybe 1 more week. The trouble is, I’ve never rated him as his better games were few and far between. To build a top team we need more skilful players in our forward line- basically multiple, consistent goal kickers so that our attack becomes unpredictable.

Look at Carlton- 2 elite forwards and the rest are bang average. A great recipe to lose games.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I too would like to see a Buddy-Rich match up, mainly because it’d allow a clever commentator to make a reference to arguably the most influential drummer to have ever lived.

Swans players will wear black arm bands this week in memory of those killed in the horrific Hunter Valley bus crash.

From this article, Swans had links to the local footy team and in particular one of the young women who died was selected to represent the Sydney Swans in the Women’s Summer Series round.

So very very sad.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...13-p5dg60.html

Regular in the Side
    need to lkookj to the future. bring back big mack to help Hickey and play botgh mid season recruits. Hopefully both Blakey and Tom Mc ar eright.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast