Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 14 the other games. Geelong: sleeping giant or dying giant.

Round 14 the other games. Geelong: sleeping giant or dying giant.

While obviously it would be a bit foolhardy to write Geelong off if they lose tonight, a loss might see them in a bit of trouble. Especially if they get a few more soft tissue injuries. And I personally think they are in danger of accumulating muscle tears, as I suspect that over the past couple of seasons, they've adopted the strategy of becoming more bulked up than the average AFL team. That is, they may have gambled on the extra muscle needed for more power at the contest and more explosive pace, rather than outside speed and the ability to run out games. Which when it works, like in the last couple of times that we've played them, can be very hard to beat, with them monstering their opponents at the contests, then forcing a more straight line game, which leads them being able to continue that monstering at the ensuing contest. But of course, the risk of that, if their opponents can get enough of the ball to make it a more outside game, is that it becomes harder to drag those muscled up bodies around the field. Thus, they start to tire and if fatigue sets in, then they're more likely to tear hamstrings and calves. So, let's hope that Port can run them around tonight.

Of the other games of the round, the one that appeals to me most is Carlton v Gold Coast. As someone who's lived on the Gold Coast for a while, I would quite like to have a local sporting team that isn't crap, perhaps even one that made it into the finals. And I'm getting quite optimistic that this Suns team can do that. Plus of course, there's the added bonus, that if the Suns win on the weekend, then there's even more misery for Carlton and their increasingly unhinged fans.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    5 minutes to go in the first quarter in the Power/Cats game and Gary Rohan has kicked 3 goals!

Geelong starting to fall in a heap.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Geelong starting to fall in a heap.
    Go Port....I tipped them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    5 minutes to go in the first quarter in the Power/Cats game and Gary Rohan has kicked 3 goals!
    .....and nothing since.

Culpepper is astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Culpepper is astonishing.
    Cold pepper? Hot pepper? Whatever, yes he is!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Cold pepper? Hot pepper? Whatever, yes he is!
    I think the commentators pronounce it Pow! Peppa!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I think the commentators pronounce it Pow! Peppa!

Wouldn’t surprise me if Geelong miss the finals and make me feel quite chuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Go Port....I tipped them!

- - - Updated - - -

.....and nothing since.
    A classic Gary Rohan performance. Looked like he was going to tear the place apart, then disappeared.
    Port are on a serious roll.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Turned on at quarter time, didn't notice Rohan was playing, or Jeremy Cameron, or ........

Geelong may be done for now :-) They'll win a few at GMHAlphabet stadium but not serious contenders. Tough decisions on Dad's Army vets at end of season

Port are the real deal, 11 in a row against many of the top teams, some of the pressure and ball movement was exhilarating

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Geelong miss the finals and make me feel quite chuffed.
    If that happens (and it looks as though we won't make finals either), I wonder, when was the last time both teams who played in a grand final, missed final appearances the following year?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast