Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 - vs West Coast Eagles at SCG, 4:35 PM, Saturday 24 June 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Apart from Cunningham last year. He is a senior player as he is in the leadership group.
    Harry spent most of the year in the reserves and deservedly so. He had a dog of a year

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Josh Kennedy ... just last year .... was returning from serious hamstring injury via the reserves.

Sadly he tore his other hamstring and was forced to retire, so didn’t actually make it back to seniors.
    Josh was basically finished before the second hammy. It is unlikely he would have gotten back anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Notice West Coast get back McGovern, Barass, Hurn and Duggan for this game. Big boost for the team.
    Barrass and Duggan yes. Not certain of McGovern and Hurn. Hurn has been very ordinary this year. McGovern has not had a game for yonks and his early season was not great.

I think our ins of Heeney, McCartin, McDonald are better

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    A few straight kicks on goal might help the mood
    😄 classic

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I fully agree with Liz and hope WCE bring a strong side. We need to start playing 4 quarter footy with cohesion across all lines. Being challenged will help the process. We have to go 8-2 to make finals, so a lot has to change to make that happen. Otherwise, we are just playing for draft position.
    Disagree, a win is a win, the easier the better. Sides would be happy we are depleted im happy when we are playing teams that are depleted.

If we were top 4 and needing a test, my thinking would be different but atm, take everything that comes your way

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    My guess is that Hayward is almost the first forward selected each week. He does stuff that the coaches value highly and that we supporters pay no attention to.

My source is the horse's mouth. Not the Horse's mouth, but that of one of his underlings, who addressed a function I attended before a match a month or two back.
    I’m not privy to all the stuff Wilbur does that coaches may value, as I only see what is being shown on the screen. Unfortunately that often doesn’t look good for Wilbur. He does play some excellent games but we never know which Wilbur will turn up and I don’t think that is good enough for a player with 100+ games. Also, he used to be a reliable kick for goal- these days it’s hit and miss. He has the ability- needs more application!
    But he certainly was (and maybe still is) Horse’s pet.😊

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I’m not privy to all the stuff Wilbur does that coaches may value, as I only see what is being shown on the screen. Unfortunately that often doesn’t look good for Wilbur.
    But the coaches are looking at far more than what is shown on the screen. And that they value.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Harry spent most of the year in the reserves and deservedly so. He had a dog of a year

Does catching COVID constitute having "a dog of a year"?

He was very good in the VFL games he played in the second half of the season. He put his head down, played a role that added stability to the defensive unit (not always easy when the personnel change so often and you have a lot of very young players there), never fell into the "look at me" mode of play that many with senior experience fall into when they are demoted to the reserves.

Senior Player
    Poster boy for Swans ' no dickhead policy.' Highly valued at the club dare I say.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Does catching COVID constitute having "a dog of a year"?

He was very good in the VFL games he played in the second half of the season. He put his head down, played a role that added stability to the defensive unit (not always easy when the personnel change so often and you have a lot of very young players there), never fell into the "look at me" mode of play that many with senior experience fall into when they are demoted to the reserves.
    His Senior performances were not good. He had plenty of senior players and talent around him in the reserves last year. Don't give me that @@@@e. If he was playing in reserves this year he would be on his own virtually. He performed in the reserves in the last part of the year.

He has come back and been good this year which is more than I expected. I did not rate him at all even though he tries his guts out.

Surely Tom’s omission must put his playing career in doubt ?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Mills, Heeney and McDonald in.

Buller, Wicks and Fox out.

I’m personally stunned by the Fox decision - unless there’s something they’re aren’t telling us about. Maybe he has a niggle or something, but he’s been named as an emergency so who knows
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast