Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: the other games. The winter solstice round.

Round 15: the other games. The winter solstice round.

I was going to write of how being the shortest day of the year, then things can only get brighter from here; but I'm not sure if that's the case? I mean, if we lose to West Coast, then I think that things might get a whole lot worse, very quickly. Although it might end being something of a solstice festival feel, when many of our more disgruntled fans set fire to whatever wood that they can find at the SCG. Actually, is there still anything wooden at the SCG*? Hmm, perhaps they'll have to make do with a few pitiful bonfires, made up of unsold AFL Records and used take away food boxes.

Anyway, other games. The round starts tonight at the Cattery, with Geelong hosting Melbourne. I'm sort of hoping that Melbourne put Geelong further into trouble. Though it's a bit strange how a bear no ill will towards Melbourne for their 2021 premiership, but plenty of ill will towards Geelong for their 2022 triumph. I'm trying to think of a reason for that, but really, nothing's coming to me?

The Friday night clash is between St Kilda and Brisbane. If I'm still contemplating a finals appearance for us, then I suppose a Brisbane is a more useful result. So, go the Lions.

The first Saturday game is the aforementioned match between us and West Coast, and then the night game is between Fremantle and Essendon. Which is a game that I have virtually no interest in. I can't even work out which result would be better for our very slim finals chances? Perhaps if the AFL was inspired by today's Dark @@@@ nude swim and had the players take the field naked, with a few painted-on tribal markings for identification, then I might be more interested? Then again, the novelty would probably wear off after a couples of minutes. Once I worked out which players were most likely to claim shrinkage.

The Sunday games involve tough decisions. Collingwood beating Adelaide would be better for us, but I'm really sick of the Collingwood bandwagon. While a Hawthorn win would be better for our finals chances, but a Gold Coast win would be better for our draft picks.

*Peter Ladhams is not a permitted answer to that question.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Dropping the ball paid against Geelong THREE times in the first 2 minutes of the game!!

Umps must've been reminded of that rule during the week!

Looks like Rohan has put Cameron our for a couple of weeks. If it was an opposition player, Rohan would probably be looking at a couple of weeks suspension.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it's not too dire for Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Looks like Rohan has put Cameron our for a couple of weeks. If it was an opposition player, Rohan would probably be looking at a couple of weeks suspension.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully it's not too dire for Cameron.
    Clean KO. They took a long time getting him off the field. Hope for his sake, it's not as bad as it looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Clean KO. They took a long time getting him off the field. Hope for his sake, it's not as bad as it looked.
    He was moving his limbs, so it's not the worst case scenario.
    Although, I was only half joking with my comment on Rohan being suspended. In that, if it was an opponent being knocked out, there's every likelihood that he would have been suspended, no matter how unintended the hit was, because the AFL often seems to go on result, rather than intent.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Dropping the ball paid against Geelong THREE times in the first 2 minutes of the game!!

Umps must've been reminded of that rule during the week!
    Yes they have been red hot on Geelong. A shame they don't pay it when there is actual prior opportunity.

It's safe to say Cameron won't be taking the field next week. Regardless the Cats look up for it tonight.

I think Gary got a sympathy mark there. The kick went about 8 metres.

Glad about that Pickett goal. I was just starting to nod off.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Glad about that Pickett goal. I was just starting to nod off.
    It was a beauty. Sign him up for the Socceroos Graham Arnold.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Poor Gaz (and Jez) he looked pretty devastated. Understandable

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Demons folding under Geelong pressure in the last quarter.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast