Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: the other games. The winter solstice round.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Crows have come from 5 goals down against Collingwood to be 14 pts up just before 3/4 time!

Unfortunately, couldn't hold on!
    Last edited by Sandridge; 25th June 2023 at 04:49 PM.

Senior Player
    Collingwood let off. Dawson bleeding from mouth from head high contact in the forward 50 in the last 10-15 seconds of play that possibly should have been a free kick.

Better for our finals hopes, but I'm getting sick of the Collingwood winning tight games legend growing.

Veterans List
    In the Hun today they had a lift out detailing the top 100 paid players. Not surprisingly the Cats only had 2. The first was at no.80, Tom Stewart on $625,000 to $725,000. At no.83 was Patrick Dangerfield at $600,00 to $700,000. Surely they forgot about Jeremy Cameron and the financially struggling Tom Hawkins.

What a happy duo they must be to be playing for the jumper and the love of the club and their team mates. Poor Tanner Braun must be playing for McDonald's Happy Meals. While these lads are slugging it out on the field their wives and kids must be milking the cows. By the way land down the peninsula is going for $15,000 and acre, and that's near Port Campbell. Goodness knows what land values are in the battling towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay and surrounding areas.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Better for our finals hopes, but I'm getting sick of the Collingwood winning tight games legend growing.
    Balances out the Collywobbles in GFs Two flags from 20 appearances - or something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    In the Hun today they had a lift out detailing the top 100 paid players. Not surprisingly the Cats only had 2. The first was at no.80, Tom Stewart on $625,000 to $725,000. At no.83 was Patrick Dangerfield at $600,00 to $700,000. Surely they forgot about Jeremy Cameron and the financially struggling Tom Hawkins.
    I'm pretty sure the Giants matched the RFA offer for Cameron and it was closer to $900,000

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

What a happy duo they must be to be playing for the jumper and the love of the club and their team mates. Poor Tanner Braun must be playing for McDonald's Happy Meals. While these lads are slugging it out on the field their wives and kids must be milking the cows. By the way land down the peninsula is going for $15,000 and acre, and that's near Port Campbell. Goodness knows what land values are in the battling towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay and surrounding areas.
    By giving a salary range, the paper is saying they don't know actually what a player is being paid. These types of lists are
    always BS. To know the correct salaries you would have to have access to the AFL files or the ATO records. Which ain't
    going to happen.

Senior Player
    It seems Jordan Dawson lost teeth in the head high contact in the forward 50 that wasn’t paid. Several posts on Reddit claim this but I can’t find a news article to confirm if it is fact or hyperbole.

Gary Rohan scored 10 Coach’s votes despite taking out one his team’s best players.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    It seems Jordan Dawson lost teeth in the head high contact in the forward 50 that wasn’t paid. Several posts on Reddit claim this but I can’t find a news article to confirm if it is fact or hyperbole.
    The AFL have now admitted, in the safety of the next day, that Dawson should have received a free....but who is surprised that not one of four umpires could see that free to the interstate team against a Victorian team in the dying seconds of a match with a 2 point margin to the Vic team?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    The AFL have now admitted, in the safety of the next day, that Dawson should have received a free....but who is surprised that not one of four umpires could see that free to the interstate team against a Victorian team in the dying seconds of a match with a 2 point margin to the Vic team?
    I think i was last season that Brisbane was denied a free kick in the last seconds in their match against Geelong at Kardinia Park. The umpires have form against interstate teams especially when they are playing against Victorian teams.

Senior Player
    Article re inconsistent umpiring in the Crows-Pies game. Not just the Dawson incident.

‘You @@@@@@@ing kidding me?’: AFL got it wrong as Crows seek answers

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Article re inconsistent umpiring in the Crows-Pies game. Not just the Dawson incident.

‘You @@@@@@@ing kidding me?’: AFL got it wrong as Crows seek answers
    The angst re: umps has been around for over a century. Just this morning I was reading about unruly crowds in 1918 and anger pouring over the fences at them.

John Worrall of The Australasian says he witnessed an umpire being assaulted by women and boys at a Richmond match.

There were complaints that umpires seemed to forget the rules and were rattled by crowds.

It almost could have been written today. Not much has changed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast