Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Heeney misses again ☹.

And now Hickey!!! What is going on?????????? Their confidence is shot. Even buddy is shocked!
    For one moment we were all Buddy....

- - - Updated - - -

All joking aside- what causes this sort of bad goal kicking? Can anybody who has played the game or has knowledge of this enlighten me? Because it's incomprehensible that professional football players can miss so many goals...

The dirty sniper Dangerfield! Make them pay in the 2nd half Swans!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Dangerfield is a ####ing grub with that sniper's shot on Mills. Doesn't surprise me there was no whistle.

Veterans List
    Total dominance that quarter.....3-6 and an 8 pt lead. Happy to be ahead but gee, should be 30 pts up.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    McInerney starts forward but pushes up to the contest then runs hard towards goals when we win it. His opponent Duncan not really going with him.
    He’s played the role beautifully tonight.

Tonight’s a nice reminder of the talent we have on our list, and the elite field kicking we possess. As for the goal kicking, yikes. The Hickey miss was a shocker, even for a ruck, and poor Isaac is having one of those nights.

Sheldrick as others have said, fantastic. Amartey needs stickier hands.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

So glad we didn't concede a late goal, after all those missed shots. Although, it would have been nice if one of the umpires had noticed the high Dangerfield shot on Mills without the ball.

Only 5 free kicks to half time (4 to them). Doesn't surprise me. Bloody Dangerfield just seems to ignore the rules - holds onto the ball, drops it, throws it. No problem!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post

All joking aside- what causes this sort of bad goal kicking? Can anybody who has played the game or has knowledge of this enlighten me? Because it's incomprehensible that professional football players can miss so many goals...
    Just a psychological thing I think.....it can go through a side the more misses there are while they are dominating.....the realisation that they are not making enough of that dominance and the pressure rises. Having said that, we have been shocking at converting most of this season.

- - - Updated - - -

So we have 1 free kick to half time....these Vic umpires don't even hide their bias these days do they?

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Only 5 free kicks to half time (4 to them). Doesn't surprise me. Bloody Dangerfield just seems to ignore the rules - holds onto the ball, drops it, throws it. No problem!
    Evidently the rules for dropping the ball or holding the ball does not apply to Dangerfield. So they have 4 times the amount of free kicks we have received. They got twice the amount in the VFL, so the bias umpiring needs to continue. Wait until the umpires get hold of us in the second half. I tipping Geelong will get a least 4 free kicks in front of goal.

Senior Player
    We have to be so happy with Sheldrick - he has been very good for his 7th game - I think.

If Amartey and Mclean can take some marks it would help.

Errol is leading the stats for both contested possessions and tackles. What a star.

Will be really disappointing if we lose this after dominating play in the first half! We played 4 quarters last week, so hopefully we can back it up again tonight!

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast