Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 - vs Richmond at MCG, 7:20 PM, Thursday 6 July 2023

Senior Player
    McCartin in. Francis out.

Veterans List
    Francis is very unlucky.

Senior Player
    True but he has proved he is a valuable member of the playing list. Not sure how long his contract is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Richmond are favourites because they know we don't play well with Franklin in the game.

If we go back to a Buddy-centric game style we all may need pain killing injections to get through the game.
    I’ll definitely be getting mine (if it’s Buddy Bombing time). It does NOT work .

Senior Player
    Best to stay positive. You never know, the Budster may kick a bunch. Bud is just like a lot of people that have had a job they've
    really liked for a long time, it's very hard deciding when to pull up stumps. I suspect the odds ($1.72 on Richmond) reflect more
    of their fans liking a punt on their own team and pushing down the price.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Best to stay positive. You never know, the Budster may kick a bunch. Bud is just like a lot of people that have had a job they've
    really liked for a long time, it's very hard deciding when to pull up stumps. I suspect the odds ($1.72 on Richmond) reflect more
    of their fans liking a punt on their own team and pushing down the price.
    Another probable factor in the odds, is that we're on the dreaded two six day breaks. Although, we might be okay, as the first game didn't appear to be all that onerous.

Senior Player
    Yes DV44, I just think us at our best is better than Richmond at their best. It's always the same. We just gotta show up tonight.
    It'd be great to "channel" where our heads were at the end of last H & A season where we went from 9-and-6 to 16-and-6.

That was after the shock loss to Essendon at the MCG.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    That was after the shock loss to Essendon at the MCG.
    I was there man.... it haunts me to this day. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to Melbourne.
    It's why I missed the GF last year, which obviously turned out to be fortuitous.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I hope he turns back the clock and has a belter. It would be great for everyone to see him put on one more super performance before he bows out.
    I just hope the Richmond crowd show him the respect he deserves. I think they will, they know their footy pretty well. I'm hoping the Collingwood experience was just an example of mob madness.

What's the weather forecast for tonight's game?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Another probable factor in the odds...
    Home ground advantage is a significant factor in the odds especially when the opposition is from interstate. (e.g. Swans currently favourites over the Dogs next week).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast