Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Round 18 Swans v Dogs Match Thread

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Gulden was mentioned in the latest episode of the ESPN Footy Podcast, where one of the regulars is a Champion Data employee who provides stats to back up their discussions. They were talking about the best kicks in the AFL and one of the other hosts mentioned that he 'felt' that Gulden was one of the best kicks in the competition and asked the CD guy whether the stats backed that up. He said overall Gulden was landing kicks 2% less than expected (based on the difficulty of the kick, distance, pressure applied) than the average, but interestingly when broken down into short (<40m) and long (40m+) kicks, Gulden was 2nd worst in the comp (behind B.Crouch) in short kicks, and 7th best in long kicks.
    I think there's a little mix of genuine creativity, confidence in his own skills and the "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" mindset that leads to Errol's overall kicking efficiency seeming a bit lower than we might expect. The short vs. long is quite interesting, I wonder how many of those short kicks are when playing an inside role (which I guess pressure applied would cater for) or cute/outlandish genuine attempts to thread a needle.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

In his presser today, it was revealed Luke Beveridge broke his hand hitting the White Board during half time. He also cryptically made it known that he wasn't happy Rampe getting off, despite not directly saying so & not commenting further on the tribunal's decision.

Senior Player
    Takes himself far too seriously these days.

Veteran Site Admin
    I note that McNeil has been omitted from the Bulldogs' squad this week, as expected, but the reason given is "illness". Yet they list O'Donnell as out with concussion. Weird. Was McNeil actually concussed?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I note that McNeil has been omitted from the Bulldogs' squad this week, as expected, but the reason given is "illness". Yet they list O'Donnell as out with concussion. Weird. Was McNeil actually concussed?
    From what KSAS wrote, a suspicious person might think they’d cooked the whole thing up to try to get Rampe banned.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    On their website it says both O’Donnell and McNeil are missing through concussion protocols

AFL Team | Round 19

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Takes himself far too seriously these days.
    Yes, have you noticed he is wearing glasses these days too. It's a slippery slope. Next he'll be getting a
    tidy haircut and wearing clothes that actually fit him. There is something up with him and it's not good.

Senior Player
    As an afl coach in Melbourne, it is easy to develop delusions of grandeur.

From the Mongrel Punts “Sliding Drawers” which is a piss take of RWO’s favourite journo Damian Barrett. He has this to say about the Doggies:

The player who will be most upset about losing the Commonwealth Games “would be Tom Liberatore. Just thinking of all those missed gold medal opportunities for hammer throw, javelin, rugby and any other sport that focuses on throwing things …”

Sliding Drawers - Round 19 - The Mongrel Punt
    Last edited by liz; 26th July 2023 at 10:06 AM.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627