Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 19: the other games. Still interested.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Surely they'll run out of arse in the finals
    Incredibly they find something late. I suspect they have superior fitness because they seem to run so hard in the last 15 minutes, when their opponents are feeling the pinch.

Someone needs to take daicos out early.... Just to spare is from the commentator love.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Someone needs to take daicos out early.... Just to spare is from the commentator love.
    Tend to agree, but it would be a risky defence at the tribunal.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Incredibly they find something late. I suspect they have superior fitness because they seem to run so hard in the last 15 minutes, when their opponents are feeling the pinch.
    The scary thing about Collingwood is that I thought Power was the better team overall last night but the Pies still managed to win. If Collingwood make the Grand Final - and it's hard to see them missing - who's going to beat them on their home ground? Melbourne beat them there on the King's Birthday game so maybe them?

Handy that Melbourne managed to hang on against Adelaide. It means that we jump over both Adelaide and Gold Coast. North upsetting St Kilda would also help our finals chances.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    North are up by 3 goals close to 3/4 time. I hope they go on to win. It would knock the Saints out of the top 8.

As it stands, Richmond are sitting in their favourite spot on the ladder - ninth.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Roos up by 16 at 3/4T.

It really goes against the grain to want Norf to win - hate 'em - but I hate St.Kilda, too and would love to see the Aints finals chances take another hit!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I need to close the gap in the tipping comp I’m in so take a speccie or two each week. Last week it was the Suns. This week it’s Norf. Hang on boys!
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Shocking free kick paid to Saint Kilda in the last quarter when North were a couple of points down and storming towards goal.

Veterans List
    If the teams playing Collingwood took their chances and kicked goals instead of behinds, then maybe they would be too far in front for Collingwood to make a comeback. In the games I've watched, the opposition tend to have more scoring shots. It's not sustainable in finals, (well that's what I'm hoping!)

Knew that I shouldn't have hoped that North would do us a favour. They seem to have totally forgotten how to win. Remember back in round two, when they were 2-0 and Clarkson was the messiah. Now they're 2-16 and making noises about a priority pick or two.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Shocking free kick paid to Saint Kilda in the last quarter when North were a couple of points down and storming towards goal.
    Eleni made some howlers of decisions. Both St Kilda and Melbourne got armchair rides from the umps in the last quarter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123