Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Buddy retires

Veterans List
    Wow, I have just found this out.....and suddenly feel sad and empty. It's a real pity we could not have given him a decent send off and a well deserved Swans flag. I will never forgive those scumpires from the 2016 GF.....EVER.

Gonna miss you Bud.....greatest AFL player ever. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I will never forgive those scumpires from the 2016 GF.....EVER.

What do you mean? We won that year didn't we?

Buddy is an absolute hero. Every time he got the ball at the SCG you could feel the collective crowd start to get off his feet. Pure excitement machine. He will be greatly missed. One of my faves to wear the red and white. Him and Papley have made me smile more than any other Swan of the modern era.

Buddy, my little cygnet asked me to say thank you for being such a big part of her life since birth. Sadly, you will depart just before her first birthday, but she will forever love her Buddy doll!
    Attachment 2432

And Buddy’s autobiography Lance Franklin: My Football Journey is about to come out in October
    Last edited by goswannies; 31st July 2023 at 10:37 PM.

I was lucky enough to go to the Lakeside Oval for a trial game when he first arrived. He came on for a Q or 2, ran straight passed me on the boundary for a classic left foot shot for goal. A sign of many great things to come

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The one at 8.31 in here? Just magic

Lance Franklin 2017 Highlights - YouTube
    Most amazing player I have ever seen. The speed, agility, power and the bombs from way outside 50 regularly. We have really missed that the last couple of years and I had forgotten how good he was at his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Wow, I have just found this out.....and suddenly feel sad and empty. It's a real pity we could not have given him a decent send off and a well deserved Swans flag. I will never forgive those scumpires from the 2016 GF.....EVER.

Given how vindictive the AFL were regarding Buddy coming to the Swans, it wouldn’t surprise me if it eventually transpires that the umpires were under orders to make sure we didn’t win in 2016.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Given how vindictive the AFL were regarding Buddy coming to the Swans, it wouldn’t surprise me if it eventually transpires that the umpires were under orders to make sure we didn’t win in 2016.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    I think you are 100% on the money. Buddy was suppose to go to the Giants and not the Swans. The AFL don't like it when you ignore their wishes. That was their pay back day. Thanks Buddy for the memories. That goal at the MCG against Hawthorn form the centre of the ground and that fend off gaol from the boundary line against GWS will always stick in the memory bank.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    What do you mean? We won that year didn't we?

Buddy is an absolute hero. Every time he got the ball at the SCG you could feel the collective crowd start to get off his feet. Pure excitement machine. He will be greatly missed. One of my faves to wear the red and white. Him and Papley have made me smile more than any other Swan of the modern era.
    So true longmile. There are a handful of players who could excite the crowd like no others, and Buddy certainly was one such player. You know someone is special when opposition supporters gasp in wonderment and can’t help but clap and admire-his play was so often unbelievable!

Thank you Buddy for everything and the special joy and entertainment you have brought to our beloved Swans over the years- the memories will live on forever!💕

Would've not made the 2014, 2016 & 2022 GFs without Bud. His signing has no doubt been an overwhelming success despite not winning a flag, which some pundits had initially deemed was a requisite.

Hope he agrees to a farewell lap at the SCG and on GF day. Shame if he disappeared into the night yesterday not ever to be seen again publically in mass. That's what has hit me the hardest, being so sudden & no playing fairytale send off, even though knowing this was his final season.

Priviledged to have two legends in the top 4 four of the all time goal kicking, having proudly represented our club and provided magical moments that will last forever, all within our lifetimes. How lucky have we been!!! Thanks No. 23.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    As a Swans fan it was a joy to watch how many games Buddy won on his own boot. I know this will upset people, but I could not understand why we never saw his brilliance when the finals came around, apart from the 2014 GF.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Would've not made the 2014, 2016 & 2022 GFs without Bud.
    Just as we woudn't have made the 2012 GF without him?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Amazing player who supplied so many joyous memories. I have been fortunate to watch and follow 2 of the greatest full forwards in Plugger & Buddy.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast