Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 21, vs Giants at Giants Stadium, on Saturday 5 August 7:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I can see Fox conceding frees to Greene. Since round 11, Fox's personal free kick count is 0-8: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/play...Fox.html#20230.

Cunningham seems more likely to stay disciplined.
    I don't see a solution to Greene. He's just too good. Fox is a better size matchup than Harry, and as I said earlier, Harry is probably slotted in to play Daniels, which looks a natural selection. I would imagine that a lot of Fox's frees against came because of height mismatches.

On another mattter, I saw an interview with Giant Jack Buckley. I didn't realise that he came from the Swans Academy and taken as a zone selection by GWS, like we did with Cunningham.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    We've basically lost the centre clearance counts in most games this year, so playing McLean as first ruck could be seen as simply conceding that fact.
    And although Ludwig does make a point regarding the capability of the Giants tall defence.
    I hope we do actually play a ruckman this week, and ask McLean to focus on playing a completely negative game against Taylor, as he once did against Brisbane's Harris Andrews.
    I think you will get your wish, even though I would disagree with it. I sense that Longmire wants to keep the 3 tall forward setup, and Hickey played well last week in the VFL.

I feel that if we go head to head with GWS and play a traditional setup, they wil be too strong for us. I think we should try to find something to make us hard to play against for their type of players.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    On another mattter, I saw an interview with Giant Jack Buckley. I didn't realise that he came from the Swans Academy and taken as a zone selection by GWS, like we did with Cunningham.
    I read some time ago that Buckley didn't stay the course at the Swans academy, but bailed out at 15 or 16 because it was too intense.
    Harry C didn't make the cut when the final GWS squad was named, we got him through the rookie draft.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't see a solution to Greene. He's just too good. Fox is a better size matchup than Harry, and as I said earlier, Harry is probably slotted in to play Daniels, which looks a natural selection. I would imagine that a lot of Fox's frees against came because of height mismatches.

Buckley is having a great year. He and Sam Taylor have really been hard to get past lately. There is obviously a changing of
    the guard there as even Haynes has been the sub of late. All the stars (Greene, Coniglio, Kelly and Whitfield) are in great form.
    too. Coniglio in particular is almost in career best form. Maybe he's just playing footy now and not thinking about being
    captain all the time.

Veteran Site Admin
    The "In the Mix" column on the AFL site confirms that Green and Hogan are likely to be available for the Giant this week.

In the mix, R21: Who's under the pump, pushing for selection?

AFL reporting Bud, Rampe and McInerny out
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

The curious thing about these 3 outs is that they all have calf injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    The curious thing about these 3 outs is that they all have calf injuries.
    A cow of a problem that we need to steer clear of.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    A cow of a problem that we need to steer clear of.
    I'm udder-ly convinced the medical staff haven't grass-ped the severity as yet. Hopefully scans will re-veal more.

Senior Player
    I think that might be enough Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I think that might be enough Barry.
    Yes, time to moove on.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    It's just such bull.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast