Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 21: the other games. Almost everybody is still interested.

Nope
    They won’t , other teams have worked them out now.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    If that Nathan Murphy ankle injury is as bad as it looks as a syndometriosis type, the flag just got blown open. He’s so important to what they do structurally, it’s unbelievable. Plus this game gives every other side vision of what to do.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    As much as I hate Hawthorn, Collingwood losing a second game in a row and possibly beginning to doubt itself is appealing to me.
    Same here, I have been enjoying this. The pressure from the Hawks has been immense. Pies have a few injury worries too, including Daicos.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Can Collingwood come from behind at 3/4 time AGAIN?

As much as I hate Hawthorn, Collingwood losing a second game in a row and possibly beginning to doubt itself is appealing to me.
    The Colliwobbles are stirring.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Hawks annihilated Pies 18-3 at centre clearances

All the top 4 teams are undergoing intensive pre-finals fitness increases and managing players with injuries. That's why they are dropping a few games

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Collingwood and Hawthorn, wow. Hawthorn are a team to be respected despite being 16th. They've beaten Brisbane and St Kilda. Collingwood didn't respect the opposition and they lost. Now Hawthorn have beaten Brisbane, St Kilda and Collingwood.

An interesting note: The Round So Far (link) said that one of Hawthorn's best players was Finn Maginness who got only six possessions. He was very effective at tagging Nick Daicos, who got only five - two of which were free kicks, and one was a kickout.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    That’s all true. What do you call what Darcy does?
    He is without doubt the worst commentator in football, now that Mark Ricciutto is not doing it.
    Darcy is clearly as dumb as a brick. Just one bland comment after another unless he spices it up
    with a string of cliches. And he is just totally oblivious to how bad he sounds. I dunno, maybe he
    is nice guy that people like and no one has the heart to tell him just how lousy he is as a
    commentator.

Veteran Site Admin
    Scans confirm extended stint on the sideline for Brownlow favourite Daicos

Ouch. Premiership is surely now wide open. Nick Daicos set to miss the rest of the home and away season and the start of the finals with a small fracture in his knee, plus Murphy likely to miss a few weeks with his ankle injury too. I'm not going to declare absolutely that the Pies can't function without Daicos, but he has been a huge part of the way they play. Will be interesting to see if they can regroup without him.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Scans confirm extended stint on the sideline for Brownlow favourite Daicos

Ouch. Premiership is surely now wide open. Nick Daicos set to miss the rest of the home and away season and the start of the finals with a small fracture in his knee, plus Murphy likely to miss a few weeks with his ankle injury too. I'm not going to declare absolutely that the Pies can't function without Daicos, but he has been a huge part of the way they play. Will be interesting to see if they can regroup without him.
    There’s a looooooong way to go, and as we’ve just seen injuries can change a side’s fortunes very quickly, but if I’m Melbourne or Brisbane right now, I’ve just got a big whiff of a potential flag.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    He is without doubt the worst commentator in football, now that Mark Ricciutto is not doing it.
    Darcy is clearly as dumb as a brick. Just one bland comment after another unless he spices it up
    with a string of cliches. And he is just totally oblivious to how bad he sounds. I dunno, maybe he
    is nice guy that people like and no one has the heart to tell him just how lousy he is as a
    commentator.
    Sometimes ex players need to stick to special comments and leave the commentating to professionals like McAvaney, Commetti, Russell (fully trained Radio Announcer), Hudson, Whatley.

There have been some great commentators over the years. Some have been ex footballers but they have all been trained in technique. Today they go into the business armed with nothing but reputation

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Sometimes ex players need to stick to special comments and leave the commentating to professionals like McAvaney, Commetti, Russell (fully trained Radio Announcer), Hudson, Whatley.

There have been some great commentators over the years. Some have been ex footballers but they have all been trained in technique. Today they go into the business armed with nothing but reputation

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk
    For sure. Also there's 9 games, 5 spots in the commentary box for each game. The better commentators, the pros who are the top
    of their game, start getting spread a bit thin come Sunday arvo. Dwayne Russell and Anthony Hudson can't do every game.
    Last edited by KTigers; 6th August 2023 at 02:40 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast