Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 21: the other games. Almost everybody is still interested.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Sometimes ex players need to stick to special comments and leave the commentating to professionals like McAvaney, Commetti, Russell (fully trained Radio Announcer), Hudson, Whatley.

There have been some great commentators over the years. Some have been ex footballers but they have all been trained in technique. Today they go into the business armed with nothing but reputation

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk
    I do quite enjoy some of the witticisms of Dwyane Russell. One I liked in last night's game, was when Harry Cunningham was whacked in the head and didn't get a free.
    "Not happy days for Cunningham, there."

Senior Player
    N.Daicos out for 6 weeks

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    There’s a looooooong way to go, and as we’ve just seen injuries can change a side’s fortunes very quickly, but if I’m Melbourne or Brisbane right now, I’ve just got a big whiff of a potential flag.
    Melbourne might want to get a wriggle on. Just checked score and at time of writing they’re four goals down against North. If I weren’t sitting in a park gazing over and overcast but still beautiful Sydney Harbour, I might be tempted to go and turn the TV on. The only of today’s games that really appealed to me was the Freo Brisbane one.

Veterans List
    Do we want the Saints or Blues to win this afternoon? I can't decide. After today, Saints have Tigers, Cats and Lions - a feline fiesta. Blues have Dees, Suns and Giants. Pre today's game the Blues are on the same points as us with a 5% better um, percentage and the Saints are 2 points ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Do we want the Saints or Blues to win this afternoon? I can't decide. After today, Saints have Tigers, Cats and Lions - a feline fiesta. Blues have Dees, Suns and Giants. Pre today's game the Blues are on the same points as us with a 5% better um, percentage and the Saints are 2 points ahead of us.
    After we beat Carlton earlier in the year, I enjoyed going to Bigfooty and reading the many unhinged and vitriolic comments of their fans. It's possible that they're the worst in the comp. So, I'd quite like to see just how crazy they could get, if their finals hopes were once again cruelly snuffed out.

Normal programming resuming in the North-Melbourne match; the Dees have kicked 7 in a row and now have a solid lead. North blowing a few chances as is their habit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    He is without doubt the worst commentator in football, now that Mark Ricciutto is not doing it.
    Darcy is clearly as dumb as a brick. Just one bland comment after another unless he spices it up
    with a string of cliches. And he is just totally oblivious to how bad he sounds. I dunno, maybe he
    is nice guy that people like and no one has the heart to tell him just how lousy he is as a
    commentator.
    After last night I think Kelli Underwood has joined him. She made so many mistakes.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I've been debating with myself who I would prefer to win. Maybe a draw??

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And now Melbourne has a problem, with Harrison Petty likely out for an extended period. Which given he’s been the one giving their forward line structure and stability, ain’t good.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    After last night I think Kelli Underwood has joined him. She made so many mistakes.
    I watched the replay this morning, and wondered if she was watching the same game she was ostensibly calling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fremantle was a bit unlucky not to keep their season alive, but I think we can safely put the big, black texta through them. I hope Gold Coast also think that they're gone, since we play them next week.

Watched our game on mute after 10 mins as they were obviously going to focus on Toby and the GWS all game.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast