Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Round 21: GWS v Sydney Match Thread 5 Aug23

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Hard to argue with Errol, Hayden and Jake collecting the bulk of the votes. And Green for them.

Could have gone either Chad or Rowie for the final vote. Rowie had his usual contested, tackles, etc - plus 10 intercept possessions! Though as you say, his kicking was meh. I also thought Chad was very good, as while it wasn't his flashest game, that made it more meritorious. He did a lot of small things well, at critical times. It shows he's continuing to round his game.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Great win and another fantastic game from Errol. What a jet he is!

I thought Fox, Warner and McLean were also up there in the bests.

Saw Lloyds name mentioned a bit. Watching live and not knowing his stats, I thought he was very ordinary.
    5 votes from the coaches but what would they know?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    5 votes from the coaches but what would they know?
    What a vindictive little comment.

As I said, watching live, I didn't think he did a lot and was very ordinary. That doesn't mean I had it correct as it can be easy to miss things when watching live.

With that being said, I felt Fox and Warner had better games than Lloyd (and Rowbottom for that matter), clearly the coaches didn't.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Any talent in the U9s we should know about? Or is that a comment for List Management?
    Probably one for list management - there are certainly a couple who fancy themselves as future Swans and who knows!

Just to keep this thread on track, I see the Swans website has a "just Errol" highlights package from the game, and what a thing of joy it is.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    What a vindictive little comment.

As I said, watching live, I didn't think he did a lot and was very ordinary. That doesn't mean I had it correct as it can be easy to miss things when watching live.

With that being said, I felt Fox and Warner had better games than Lloyd (and Rowbottom for that matter), clearly the coaches didn't.
    Why would you claim a player was "very ordinary" if you concede that it's easy to miss things when watching a game live?

Don't think Blood Fever was being vindictive at all - just stating a fact. You though Lloyd was ordinary, 2 AFL coaches had him in the top 5 players on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Don't think Blood Fever was being vindictive at all - just stating a fact. You though Lloyd was ordinary, 2 AFL coaches had him in the top 5 players on the ground.
    Just the sarcastic comment of ‘What would the coaches know’. How is that stating a fact?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Just the sarcastic comment of ‘What would the coaches know’. How is that stating a fact?
    You thought Lloyd was ordinary. 2 AFL coaches disagreed and demonstrated their opinions by putting him in their votes. That makes it a fact. Disliking how that fact was presented to you is your prerogative.
    Last edited by Sandridge; 7th August 2023 at 09:23 PM.

On the veteran's list
    Can’t find whether Campbell has accepted a week. One GWS bloke has, the other will challenge.

I think there should be leniency in a Derby. None of these incidents were serious. Michael Christian just didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think there should be leniency in a Derby. None of these incidents were serious. Michael Christian just didn't get it.
    Agreed barry- watching the game live, I missed Campbell’s, but saw it on the replay. You would expect this in a derby for sure and didn’t look bad to me. Hope it’s challenged and he gets off.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920