Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 22: the other games. We could be fifth.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Looks like we might get our wish, with Hawthorn skipping away early in the last. And if the Bulldogs manage to fight back for a draw, we still go above them on percentage.
    Wow, Hawthorn did it.

Beat Adelaide and Melbourne and we play finals.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    What a shame. The fairypuppies got beat. Oh dear - I should feel sorry, but sadly I just feel nothing.
    You feel nothing??? I’m elated. Us sneaking into the finals is my number one wish from this season (even though I don’t think we’ll do any damage if we make it). Geelong missing is my number two wish, and the Dogs losing my number three.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You feel nothing??? I’m elated. Us sneaking into the finals is my number one wish from this season (even though I don’t think we’ll do any damage if we make it). Geelong missing is my number two wish, and the Dogs losing my number three.
    Feel nothing for them Liz!

Elated for us hahaha!

Sent from my CPH2307 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    After Hawthorn beat the Dogs, we will be in the top eight after this weekends round.

St Kilda are comfortably ahead of Richmond at half time, and GWS are a fair chance of beating Port, who have lost their last four games. If both of these sides win, we would be eighth.

Can we stay in the top eight? We need to beat Adelaide or Melbourne, preferably both.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Pushing for Selection
    Exactly this (in that order too!)
    season 2012- top 4 here we come

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    After Hawthorn beat the Dogs, we will be in the top eight after this weekends round.

St Kilda are comfortably ahead of Richmond at half time, and GWS are a fair chance of beating Port, who have lost their last four games. If both of these sides win, we would be eighth.

Can we stay in the top eight? We need to beat Adelaide or Melbourne, preferably both.
    Looks like Port will beat GWS after the first quarter.

We only need to beat one of Adelaide or Dees but both games are tough. But if we're to do any damage in September (ie win 1+ game) we should win one of those

Richmond's season is ending with a whimper, so St Kilda will end the round ahead of us. However, they host Geelong next week and then travel to Brisbane in the final round. So, it's quite possible that they lose both of those.

Giants getting forked

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Looks like Port will beat GWS after the first quarter.

We only need to beat one of Adelaide or Dees but both games are tough. But if we're to do any damage in September (ie win 1+ game) we should win one of those
    To be the best, one must beat the best.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I'm watching Port/Giants. Port look very scary. Giants are fighting back a bit- but hopefully they are too far behind. If they lose we are 7th? is that right?

Veterans List
    After a lot of the 'experts' tipped us to not make the finals after our GF flogging and for Geelong to do very well again....it would be hilarious if we do and they don't.

I too don't think we'll do any damage if we do make it but it will just be nice to prove those 'experts' wrong.....as the Swans have a habit of doing!

Senior Player
    I don't agree with this 'won't do any damage' line. I think we can take it up to any opposition, as I expect we'll see in round 24.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast