Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v Suns Match Thread 12 Aug23 SCG

Veterans List
    Another stoppage goal. Too easy. And leading up to that there were so many missed tackles.

Senior Player
    Is dropping the footy allowed now? Was there a rule change?

Senior Player
    Dropping the ball has never been a rule - but incorrect disposal is.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    We are very fumbly aren’t we.

Some good moments to close that quarter, with some critical contests and involvements from McDonald. To be that close when they’ve smacked us around the ball is great, but we’ll need to close the gap in the second half to get home.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Too many easy goals by Gold Coast - They seem to waltz through the pack and snap a goal - We have to take a big mark to get a score. We are a beaten side unless we apply more pressure in the second half.

Veterans List
    I can't believe we're only 2 points behind. It feels like they have been playing so much better. Their stoppage work is superior.

Is this match a record for dropped marks?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Dropping the ball has never been a rule - but incorrect disposal is.
    Well yeah, dropping the ball is incorrect disposal.

We are giving the ball up too easily and being killed at stoppage. We are losing contested possession by the length of the Flemington straight. Yet we are only 2 points down. If we ever get the shift together we will win this easily. But have to actually start using the ball and contesting.

The bounce of the ball seems strange today, it is bobbling around. That is a sign of below grade footies. At least one of the balls is not AFL standard. Either that or the turf is sub standard today which I doubt.

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk

Fascinating game

We had no control of this game at all

Some amazing quick counter punch goal and one again amazing accuracy

Gold Coast have done well to lock us into our defensive arc much longer periods and have been dangerous in the trenches with some talented smalls attacking with smarts

I don’t know what’s wrong with them - it’s like they are waiting for somebody else to do the work- the ball hits the ground and they just look at it - is it fear of free kicks? Anticipation of physical contact ? Or just no communication on the ground ? Maybe the latter ? Are we missing on field leadership?

We’re getting beaten up around the stoppages consistent theme all year . Needs to be addressed in the off season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I find frustrating is that u can see glimpses of a great team - but so many silly mistakes and fumbles - the ground is in great shape and the weather warm and perfect- no excuses for all these fumbles

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast