Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Round 23: the other games. For whom shall the wheels fall off?

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Yeah well, when you look at the potential of that list, and apparently their Academy pipeline is awesome, no wonder he signed on for six years.
    this is coming from a guy who couldn't believe he had to play away from the MCG

Senior Player
    Also, he won't have the Melbourne footy press fawning over him any more.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Yeah well, when you look at the potential of that list, and apparently their Academy pipeline is awesome, no wonder he signed on for six years.
    And the lack of potential at Richmond. He could see the writing on the wall at Tigerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Also, he won't have the Melbourne footy press fawning over him any more.
    I think they’ll keep it up as long as GCS improve

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Stewie is no fool and has been in the game a long time. So its not like he would have been completely blindsided.
    Regardless of what was said publicly he would have known the writing was on wall. Will Hardwick get more out of the
    playing group? Time will tell. I hope so. It's hard to dislike the Suns considering all the obstacles they are up against.
    I never understood why they got rid of Guy McKenna back in the day. Wasn't the team on an upward trajectory
    at the time?
    I mentioned in the Hickey retires thread that I watched an interview Hickey did with Will Schofield. Hickey said some things about McKenna which leads me to believe that he isn't much of a people person. One example was when Hickey notified McKenna that he was leaving the Gold Coast for more opportunities elsewhere, especially because Tippett was meant to be going to them. McKenna's response to him was that Hickey thought he was a better player than what he actually was.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011