Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Round 23: the other games. For whom shall the wheels fall off?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I know it's tempting to give her a bit of free pass because 1) she's female,
    So, I don't suppose you were at the SCG on saturday then.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    All year the VIc media have béen talking up the cats and the tigers as the dark horses and the swans as failures.
    Well, who failed now, caro?
    I believe she used the term "disappointing" - look back at many of the posts on RWO from earlier this season - she wasn't the only person feeling that way.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

So I had a two second look at ladder

We are in the top8 no matter the results the weekend !!!

Miraculous!!!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    So, I don't suppose you were at the SCG on saturday then.
    I suspect I know what you're alluding to, but no. I saw the first half of the GWS game at Homebush but left at half
    time as there was only one football team on the field and they were doing a training session. So it was a bit boring.
    And then went home to watch a whole lot of Adelaide people on the TV losing the plot.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What Bevo said in code was: "we have a very average list and yes we are soft." Which they are. Take out The Bont and a couple of others and they finish bottom 4 or slightly above the Dive Bombers.
    He basically did, didn't he.

I still reckon the most curious story of the past two years that no journalist has bothered to properly explore is why Josh Dunkley - two years in succession - wanted out of the Dogs, and eventually got there. He and Bevo professed love for each other on the way out. Now that could have been spin, or it could have suggested there is something way beyond the coach. But when a bloke in the prime of his career, surrounded by that level of talent, says nope, get me to the Bombers, then the Lions, anywhere but here really . . . something is seriously wrong.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Hardwick announced as Suns coach for the next 6 years.

Someone should look him in the eye at the press conference and ask him would he, hand on heart, swear that he wasn't approached by the Suns prior to his announcement that he "was tired and jaded" and couldn't coach Richmond anymore?

I don't like him much at all.....and my estimation of those who run the Suns has plummeted. I think Dew has been shafted big time.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Yeah well, when you look at the potential of that list, and apparently their Academy pipeline is awesome, no wonder he signed on for six years.

Hardwick wont last 2 years. He's going to be in for the shock of his lifetime how the deck is stacked against you for a northern club.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Hardwick announced as Suns coach for the next 6 years.

Someone should look him in the eye at the press conference and ask him would he, hand on heart, swear that he wasn't approached by the Suns prior to his announcement that he "was tired and jaded" and couldn't coach Richmond anymore?

I don't like him much at all.....and my estimation of those who run the Suns has plummeted. I think Dew has been shafted big time.
    You reckon? Stewie had been there what, five, six years. That's a decent opportunity.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    You reckon? Stewie had been there what, five, six years. That's a decent opportunity.
    I agree that Dew has had long enough....I just think they let him go having already sounded out Hardwick, not after they sacked Dew like they are saying. If true, that's a shafting.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Two things can be true:

* The way they handled Dew's final fortnight was appalling - and they clearly lied to him privately, and about him publicly before the exit
    * They were right to make the move if they felt they could do better.

Senior Player
    Stewie is no fool and has been in the game a long time. So its not like he would have been completely blindsided.
    Regardless of what was said publicly he would have known the writing was on wall. Will Hardwick get more out of the
    playing group? Time will tell. I hope so. It's hard to dislike the Suns considering all the obstacles they are up against.
    I never understood why they got rid of Guy McKenna back in the day. Wasn't the team on an upward trajectory
    at the time?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast