Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Round 23 Crows v Swans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If the goal umpire referred it to the ARC as ' I believe it is a behind,' I wonder if they would have overruled?
    I'm not sure there is enough evidence from the channel 7 angles to change the outcome. Umpires call.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    So here's the AFL being typically reactionary again.

Interesting though it confirms Lloyd was adamant it had hit the post, but so too was the officiating field umpire in Brett Rosebury. Which makes the decision by Gil to shame the goal umpire and stand him down even worse.

AFL confirms score review change ahead of finals series
    If the goal umpire and the officiating umpire thought it was a point, there was absolutely no need to call for a review (even if they were wrong). The review is for if there is doubt. Rightly or wrongly, there seemed to be no doubt in the minds of the only two officials that mattered.

I’d love to see a video expert analyse the “iPhone footage” properly to get their assessment and opinion.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    If the goal umpire and the officiating umpire thought it was a point, there was absolutely no need to call for a review (even if they were wrong). The review is for if there is doubt. Rightly or wrongly, there seemed to be no doubt in the minds of the only two officials that mattered.

I’d love to see a video expert analyse the “iPhone footage” properly to get their assessment and opinion.

Agreed. And still no sign of the audio from the post. I wonder if we'll ever hear Gil say "Oops, I did that wrong - sorry I ruined your life Goal Umpire." So umpire in perfect position says behind, very experienced field umpire agrees so no call for a review was needed yet the Crows were robbed?

On the veteran's list
    This whole saga has a stench about it. Goal ump was adamant it’s hit the post, Lloyd standing under the post agreed and so did the field ump. The only ‘definitive’ vision we get (and is used on the media such as AFL360) comes from a phone behind the goals. A second phone video seems to tally with what the goal ump saw and appears incompatible with that first phone video to surface. Something is suss.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132