Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 24 vs Melbourne at the SCG, Sunday 27 August at 3:20 PM

Senior Player
    Most of you probably know already. Club is definitely appealing the two game ban (unlike with Campbell’s ban).

Story on Herald Sun ‘He didn’t have a choice:‘ Swans fight defender’s bump ban

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Once you saw some of the different angles, you could see the argument we made for Rampe had absolute merit. I'd need to see a better angle of the McCartin one to be convinced - not because I think he went hunting him or there was a single intentional thing about it, but because it'll take ALOT to have the tribunal let off someone when the other bloke has a busted cheek.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Nothing in it, he didnt even continue thru him. Turned the direction of the ball otherwise would have been chest on chest.
    Weak as p8ss.

Shouldnt have even been a free based on Blakey getting drilled by Fogarty

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Some encouraging news re Joel and one Tom, and some hope re another Tom. Less good news on the Justin front. Non-definitive news re Hayden.

(And some utter class from Longmire re the goal-that-was-not-a-goal.)

Sydney coach John Longmire expresses sympathy for Crows, Swans get Tom Papley boost
    Yes, classy. Although, in the upcoming coaches votes, I'm sort of hoping that he gives the goal umpire a vote.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Some encouraging news re Joel and one Tom, and some hope re another Tom. Less good news on the Justin front. Non-definitive news re Hayden.

(And some utter class from Longmire re the goal-that-was-not-a-goal.)

Sydney coach John Longmire expresses sympathy for Crows, Swans get Tom Papley boost
    Utter class all round.

This is an absolute must win game. No point limping into the finals to be eliminated week 1.

What a win does for us:
    - Continuation of form over the last two months. Never underestimate momentum.
    - Stamps our credentials. If we cant beat the 4th placed team, at our home ground, then why bother playing finals?. Every final will be mathematically harder than that.
    - Sets up home elimination final. Wining a flag from this far back is going to be hard, so we need any advantage we can get. It will mean we will have spent 3 weeks at home prior to first final, and 4 weeks at home prior to next final, then only 3 on-the-road finals to win the flag.
    It doesnt really matter if we meet GWS in the home elimination final and therefore lose some home state advantage, its the reduction in travel thats the key for a long campaign.

Personally winning outside to 8 has happen once in 20yrs, so its very remote.

I personally dont think this week matters as much. Id put health and availability over the first week matchup.

Parker, Mills cant replicate that for us going fwd, if they need an extended break then so be it.

I know Mills tagged but it never normally stops him from getting the ball. Give Hickey a week off too

- - - Updated - - -

2 weeks with the bye

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post

I personally dont think this week matters as much. Id put health and availability over the first week matchup.

Parker, Mills cant replicate that for us going fwd, if they need an extended break then so be it.

I know Mills tagged but it never normally stops him from getting the ball. Give Hickey a week off too

- - - Updated - - -

2 weeks with the bye
    I couldnt agree less.

Nothing in it, he didnt even continue thru him. Turned the direction of the ball otherwise would have been chest on chest.
    Weak as p8ss.
    With a fractured jaw

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    With a fractured jaw
    Agree he is not weak as p8ss. He has a fractured cheekbone. Players should eliminate the risk of head high contact when bumping and I would rather see them give away a free kick trying to tackle instead. Play the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Agree he is not weak as p8ss. He has a fractured cheekbone. Players should eliminate the risk of head high contact when bumping and I would rather see them give away a free kick trying to tackle instead. Play the odds.
    Tackle a bloke that didnt have the ball ?

Played the whole game afterwards with his jaw

- - - Updated - - -

2 weeks with the bye
    Have to agree with this. It's no good going into your first final game with beat up players and if we can give them a rest so they're cherry ripe, then anything's possible.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast