Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 24 vs Melbourne at the SCG, Sunday 27 August at 3:20 PM

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Agree he is not weak as p8ss. He has a fractured cheekbone. Players should eliminate the risk of head high contact when bumping and I would rather see them give away a free kick trying to tackle instead. Play the odds.
    Do you think that, in this instance, McCartin "chose to bump"?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Do you think that, in this instance, McCartin "chose to bump"?
    At the time I thought it was two players going for the ball. Going back it's less certain but Tom seems to be aiming for the ball and they collide.

Veteran Site Admin
    The angle shown during the live broadcast suggested Tom braced for contact. I don't know what else he could have done but it's still the kind of contact that the AFL usually deems to be "choosing to bump".

I've since seen footage from another angle that suggests Tom was moving towards a bobbling ball (that itself changed direction) and he and McAdam collided. To me that cannot be "choosing to bump" but there may be other angles that provided a compelling interpretation.

The angle shown during the live broadcast suggested Tom braced for contact. I don't know what else he could have done but it's still the kind of contact that the AFL usually deems to be "choosing to bump".

I've since seen footage from another angle that suggests Tom was moving towards a bobbling ball (that itself changed direction) and he and McAdam collided. To me that cannot be "choosing to bump" but there may be other angles that provided a compelling interpretation.
    I don’t disagree with any of that.

TMc unlucky that McA bent low to get the ball; couldn’t tackle him as he didn’t have the ball; couldn’t avoid contact and just let him go as, if he got the ball, the Crows would push forward; so had to brace for contact. A football incident, but the head is sacrosanct.

Just disagree that McAdam is weak as p**s.

the xall to report him for 2 weeks was weak as p8ss

The AFL needs to get on the front foot, review the available footage, admit the mistake and overturn the decision to report him

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    the xall to report him for 2 weeks was weak as p8ss

The AFL needs to get on the front foot, review the available footage, admit the mistake and overturn the decision to report him
    The verdict is in: Tom McCartin and Taylor Duryea learn fate at Tribunal

WE WON. AGAIN.

Veteran Site Admin
    If we weren't already the scourge of the AFL media before this, the knives will be sharpening as I write.

Senior Player
    So good. Tom would be in our five most valuable players, at minimum, so this as an important decision.

I do feel for McAdam, but it was an accident caused by the last second wicked ball bounce and the comparative stature of the players.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Bwahahahaha.

Gil will impose another trade ban on his way out the door the way we’re going.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    So good. Tom would be in our five most valuable players, at minimum, so this as an important decision.

I do feel for McAdam, but it was an accident caused by the last second wicked ball bounce and the comparative stature of the players.
    I’ve felt for three years now that given the clear lack of an alternative, he’s our most valuable player.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Magnifique!

Now if we can just get our legal eagles on to helping the goal umpire that was stood down back on the active list and shipped to the SCG that’d be great!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

great news common sense prevails

Now we just have to listen to Kingy talk about it not sending a message

Poor bloke had no option, how you can look at it anyother way is mind boggling

Senior Player
    If we weren't already the scourge of the AFL media before this, the knives will be sharpening as I write.
    No doubt but won't worry us and just might motivate us.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast