Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 24: the other games. Sit back and enjoy the scramble below us.

Cats are in holiday mode now .

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Bugger! Poodles can still make finals!

Double bugger! West Coast currently losing. (Still in with a chance, thought!)

Veterans List
    Cats are F'n useless. Come on Giants....but by less than 40 pts!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Much as I dislike them. I picked the Poodles in the RWO tipping competition due to their desperation to make the finals, and Geelong resting several players.

If they lose, I will slip to fourth with not many games left to recover. So sorry guys, GO FAIRYPUPS!!!
    Blasphemy! F your tipping!

West Coast surely want to tank the final quarter.

Did Darling kick a (deliberate) point ?

What happens with Harley Reid now?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    West Coast surely want to tank the final quarter.
    Good call.

Please anyone but GWS in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agreed, but if they do manage to beat the Carpetbaggers tonight they deserve to displace the Fairypups.

Not happy either way!😔

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    With a decent coach, they will improve rapidly - which is why their pleas for assistance are horse dung.
    Indeed, yet they surely qualify for something with four bottom-two finishes in four years and a 14.9% winning record.

They have already received assistance: future picks in the second and third round of this year's draft that had to be traded for players. Fremantle currently hold both picks. It's quite weak assistance considering Gold Coast got more help in 2018 despite a better record over four years (three bottom-two finishes and 21.6% winning record). Gold Coast will reap the benefits of their assistance package this year when they get Academy access to three good players in the first round of the draft. These players with a new coach should see Gold Coast going close to the finals next year.

I expect North Melbourne will receive some more help this year. Their current picks: 2, 16, 39, 53, 59. They traded away their second-round pick (Adelaide has it) but they currently hold Port Adelaide's first-round pick.

So the question is, what help would North Melbourne get, if any? They seem to be pushing for additional first-round picks early in the draft (which would be pick 3). Their list manager was interviewed recently and said they had a clear "top four" for the draft. Perhaps they want a priority pick so they can pick two of these players rather than only one?

Without a priority pick, they will still improve, but more slowly. It comes down to whether recruiting one additional player at the top of this year's draft will make enough difference.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Better than the F-pups! Go Giants!

The only help norf need is to the funds to relocate to Tassie. Waste of time staying in Melbourne

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast