Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Round 24: the other games. Sit back and enjoy the scramble below us.

Senior Player
    For a big city, Melbourne has a small town mentality when it comes to footy fans and its footy media.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    For a big city, Melbourne has a small town mentality when it comes to footy fans and its footy media.
    Yes, that's the sort of mentality you are always going get in one code towns like Melbourne. It's the same in one code towns
    in other parts of the world. The walls are never very far away.

Veterans List
    Weitering only received a fine.
    Bedford for the Giants was suspended for 1 match.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Joke x 2. IMO.
    Weetering was judged unintended. He was looking directly at Greens face from about 15cm away.

- - - Updated - - -

Swans should appeal

Senior Player
    But the Carton guy hit his head on the ground when Bedford bumped him and we all know the head is
    sacrosanct, just not the face part of the head. The face part of the head is non-sacrosanct.
    And that's why Weitering got off. The face used to be sacrosanct back in 2019 (when Toby got suspended
    for making contact with it) but it isn't anymore. Or more correctly, the AFL has introduced "Degrees of
    Sacrosanct-Ness". Anyway, I'm sure you get the picture. But rest assured, the AFL has really got this
    sacrosanct thing covered I tell you. The Virtue Signalling Dept are all over it.
    Last edited by KTigers; 29th August 2023 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    But the Carton guy hit his head on the ground when Bedford bumped him and we all know the head is
    sacrosanct, just not the face part of the head. The face part of the head is non-sacrosanct.
    And that's why Weitering got off. The face used to be sacrosanct back in 2019 (when Toby got suspended
    for making contact with it) but it isn't anymore. Or more correctly, the AFL has introduced "Degrees of
    Sacrosanct-Ness". Anyway, I'm sure you get the picture. But rest assured, the AFL has really got this
    sacrosanct thing covered I tell you. The Virtue Signalling Dept are all over it.
    Whether intentional or not, the eyes have to be protected. 1 week for accidental and 4 for intentional. If we give him the benefit of the doubt, as I would like to think that no AFL player would do this intentionally, he should have got a week. But because it’s finals time he got away with a fine.

It's just typical Vic bias that there were two incidents from the Carl v GWS game. One, against a Vic player which got massive publicity and many a "good bloke" said nothing in it. Let off.
    And another where the GWS got no publicity and got a very quiet miss first week of finals for a minor incident.

Senior Player
    Bedford will be a big loss for GWS. I've seen him play live a bunch of times now and his fervor to get the ball and stop the
    opposition from doing the same is off the charts. His personal pressure rating meter is set at about 1,000. Quite a pick up
    for the Giants considering he couldn't get a regular game at the Demons.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    It is Carlton tho. Suspect he may get off
    Hate to say I told you so. The bias is just beginning - wait till next Fri ...

(on a side note re: Vic bias - Dusty Martin in the AA squad this year is a joke)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Bedford will be a big loss for GWS. I've seen him play live a bunch of times now and his fervor to get the ball and stop the
    opposition from doing the same is off the charts. His personal pressure rating meter is set at about 1,000. Quite a pick up
    for the Giants considering he couldn't get a regular game at the Demons.
    Agree. Had a great game against us.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567