Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All-Australian squad named

All-Australian squad named

Not sure where to put this comment, but Essendon, Fremantle and Hawthorn having 3 players each in the AA squad is extraordinary. Particularly when Sydney and Melbourne have only 2 players each.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Not sure where to put this comment, but Essendon, Fremantle and Hawthorn having 3 players each in the AA squad is extraordinary. Particularly when Sydney and Melbourne have only 2 players each.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    I was surprised that Dustin Martin made the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was surprised that Dustin Martin made the squad.
    Wait what

Congratulations to Errol Gulden and Nick Blakey. Both absolutely deserved.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Errol is a lock for the 22, but that’s great reward for Blakey.

He’s had a terrific season and become a beautifully balanced player who can defend as well as he goes in the attack. People mention how much we miss Paddy Mc’s intercept marking, and it’s true, but Lizard has become very adept at it too.

My guess is our B&F currently reads Errol, Parker then either Blakey or Chad. I give him bonus points as I reckon he was one of the few players to hold his standards during our poor patch, and there’s a good argument his match against Richmond during Gather Round was just about the most brilliant individual game from a Swan this year.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Congratulations to Errol Gulden and Nick Blakey. Both absolutely deserved.
    +1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Errol is a lock for the 22, but that’s great reward for Blakey.

He’s had a terrific season and become a beautifully balanced player who can defend as well as he goes in the attack. People mention how much we miss Paddy Mc’s intercept marking, and it’s true, but Lizard has become very adept at it too.

My guess is our B&F currently reads Errol, Parker then either Blakey or Chad. I give him bonus points as I reckon he was one of the few players to hold his standards during our poor patch, and there’s a good argument his match against Richmond during Gather Round was just about the most brilliant individual game from a Swan this year.
    Spot on mate- the Lizard has been great and pretty consistent all year. But I just can’t get over how good Errol has been- clearly our best player this year! Love this guy😊

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

I think Parker has lost his grip on second place. He'll probably be top five still, but his form took a big dip after the Freo game - where he was magnificent. Sunday was a little better than the previous month but not back to the level he played at during the middle third of the season. I now have Blakey in clear second, with daylight above and below him.

Chad's finish will be damaged by the games he missed. It's quite hard to finish high up in the B&F count if you miss more than a game or two. This year so many of our players have had interruptions to their season that it might be possible finish top ten if you've missed a month, but I suspect top five will still be a reach.

My two smokies for top five finishes are Cunningham, who plays a role that doesn't get much attention but which I reckon will get internal recognition for how consistent he's been, and McLean, who likewise has been a pillar of understated consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think Parker has lost his grip on second place. He'll probably be top five still, but his form took a big dip after the Freo game - where he was magnificent. Sunday was a little better than the previous month but not back to the level he played at during the middle third of the season. I now have Blakey in clear second, with daylight above and below him.

Chad's finish will be damaged by the games he missed. It's quite hard to finish high up in the B&F count if you miss more than a game or two. This year so many of our players have had interruptions to their season that it might be possible finish top ten if you've missed a month, but I suspect top five will still be a reach.

My two smokies for top five finishes are Cunningham, who plays a role that doesn't get much attention but which I reckon will get internal recognition for how consistent he's been, and McLean, who likewise has been a pillar of understated consistency.
    Lloyd could be another been ultra consistent as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Lloyd could be another been ultra consistent as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think Lloyd could ever be labeled as a "smokey" for a top five finish, given his history.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think Parker has lost his grip on second place. He'll probably be top five still, but his form took a big dip after the Freo game - where he was magnificent. Sunday was a little better than the previous month but not back to the level he played at during the middle third of the season. I now have Blakey in clear second, with daylight above and below him.Chad's finish will be damaged by the games he missed. It's quite hard to finish high up in the B&F count if you miss more than a game or two. This year so many of our players have had interruptions to their season that it might be possible finish top ten if you've missed a month, but I suspect top five will still be a reach.My two smokies for top five finishes are Cunningham, who plays a role that doesn't get much attention but which I reckon will get internal recognition for how consistent he's been, and McLean, who likewise has been a pillar of understated consistency.
    Second your thought re Parker going off the boil quite a bit as the season went on.I think he's a bit young to be on the downhill trail, but there are disturbing hints of decline.Stirs memories of Keneally, O'Keefe and Joey.I hope, most strongly , that I'm not seeing what I think I'm seeing.

I hope not too. I was counting on parker for few more years yet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast