Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Finals Series

Senior Player
    Melbourne the better team. For Collingwood, that is the make good for last year's prelim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    That was a shocking kick for goal. A point from any of the three OOB in the last qtr would have changed the dynamic and ramped up the pressure.

Shame to see Collingwood go through. And Ginnivan is still a cheating rat.
    It should have been a 50m penalty to compound that ducking htb free late.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Petracca is my favourite non Swan. Deserved to be on the winning team. Best on. 44 players out there and he willed the game to turn.

Senior Player
    True about Petracca. Gawn was massive as well.

Veterans List
    Melbourne had their chances they just couldn't kick straight. How many times did they kick out on the full?

I didn't think it was possible that Collingwood supporters could get more feral, but they were!

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Melbourne looked the better team and dominated patches of the game. Some terrible kicking and missed opportunities really hurt them. But I know in the 3rd quarter a fortnight ago we absolutely dominated them. Which proves to me the Swans are capable of going all the way but can they bring it all together with straight kicking and 4 quarter concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Melbourne the better team. For Collingwood, that is the make good for last year's prelim.

- - - Updated - - -

It should have been a 50m penalty to compound that ducking htb free late.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Petracca is my favourite non Swan. Deserved to be on the winning team. Best on. 44 players out there and he willed the game to turn.
    Yes, Petracca was huge in the second half, with Oliver and Gawn not far behind.

Also agree that should have been fifty, but they rarely pay those. Which is probably what irritates me the most, about the encroaching in the protected area fifties that they do pay. In that, the interference that they allegedly cause, is almost always very inconsequential. Whereas players can often play hide the football, or wrestle the person trying to take their kick, for around five or ten seconds, without being marched fifty metres. Even though it obviously interferes with the free movement of the play.

Veteran Site Admin
    Melbourne were probably the better team but their forward line weaknesses were on show.

Van Rooyen looks out for a week to me, but I don't think Maynard will be cited by the MRP. Maynard's initial action was wholly reasonable. His protection of himself just at the point of contact was reflexive. Given we had the tribunal accept our McCartin argument, I don't think we can begrude another player's act being deemed to be just a football accident.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Our final against Carlton should have been moved to the SCG, as compensation for our qualifying final against Carlton in 1986 that should have been a home final for us but was played in Melbourne. Carlton won by 16 points.

We were also denied home finals against Fitzroy in the 1986 Semi Final and the 1987 Semi Final against Melbourne. Fitzroy are no longer in the AFL, but if we win this week our semi final against Melbourne should also be played in Sydney. Then the books on home finals would be balanced.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Our final against Carlton should have been moved to the SCG, as compensation for our qualifying final against Carlton in 1986 that should have been a home final for us but was played in Melbourne. Carlton won by 16 points.

We were also denied home finals against Fitzroy in the 1986 Semi Final and the 1987 Semi Final against Melbourne. Fitzroy are no longer in the AFL, but if we win this week our semi final against Melbourne should also be played in Sydney. Then the books on home finals would be balanced.
    I think it might be time to let those go!

Maynard jumped high ( to spoil) but he knew the only place he was going to land was on Bradshaw ( intent to hurt). So it's not accidental.
    If this was allowed it would happen every game.

Mason cox taking out petracca's legs was pretty dangerous. Is that reportable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post

I like the thinking. We would be owed a few

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I tend to agree with Liz based on the available footage re Maynard, which is my one caveat for now.

In the case of McCartin and Rampe, extra angles and vision helped clear them. The only issue I can see for Maynard is if there is an extra angle showing he does more than brace and actively drops a bit of his shoulder. In which case, it becomes careless, which with the high contact and severe impact, automatically becomes three weeks.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, this would be Tom Mitchell's first final since the 2016 GF. Long time between drinks.
    He has played finals for Hawthorn

Thanks Ugg, i stand corrected. I'd forgotten Hawthorn finished 4th in 2018 but then went out in straight sets. I'll now re-phrase stating last night was Tom Mitchell's first final win since 2016!

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast