Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFLW R6 2023: Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide, 5.05pm AEDT Sat 7 Oct Alberton Oval

About time that they paid a sling tackle.

Veterans List
    I've think I've jinxed us. Since I turned it on in the 2nd quarter, it's been all Port Adelaide. We have only scored a behind.

Nasty bounce for Molloy

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I've think I've jinxed us. Since I turned it on in the 2nd quarter, it's been all Port Adelaide. We have only scored a behind.
    You're safe now Mel

Veterans List
    Piss off bounce! That Molloy kick was going straight through.

Never mind, Hamilton goals!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Cynthia just disproved that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I actually think the umpiring has mostly been OK, and the game illustrates why looking at raw free kick numbers is a poor way to judge the umpiring. Port have received considerably more than we have, but that reflects some poor discipline in a few passages of play and our women being caught holding the ball (legitimately) a lot. My only criticism is that if they were going to play HTB against McEvoy in defence in that second quarter when she had no prior and was in the process of kicking as she was tackled (ie making a legitimate attempt to dispose with no prior), there were at least two that should have been paid in our favour - one to Kennedy at half forward near the wing in the first quarter, and one to us in defence early in the second quarter (I can't remember the tackler).

Overall it's a highly entertaining contest. The two teams look quite well matched. Shame Privitelli couldn't convert that last shot at goal.
    My comment had nothing to do with the raw free kick count Liz - completely the opposite.

More the absolute lottery of what was being called one second, then not the next second - as you described an example of in the second part of your comment.

There was a serious lack of consistency in general in the calls in the second quarter.

Sent from my CPH2307 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    My comment had nothing to do with the raw free kick count Liz - completely the opposite.

More the absolute lottery of what was being called one second, then not the next second - as you described an example of in the second part of your comment.

There was a serious lack of consistency in general in the calls in the second quarter.

The lottery continues but in our favour that quarter

How many times have our players been whacked in the head today?

I wonder if our recruiters had any idea, how much of a ball magnet Gardiner would be? While her disposals can be a bit hit or miss, she really is a perpetual motion machine.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    The lottery continues but in our favour that quarter
    Yep absolutely. Good to see, although I'm sure the locals aren't enjoying it quite so much haha

"You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Handy goal. And I think Cockatoo-Motlap has done something illegal every time that the ball has been near her.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast