Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans AFLW in the media.

Veterans List

Swans AFLW in the media.

There is one of these threads for the men but not the women.....and I wanted to put this article up and there was nowhere to put it.

Now there is....and for anything else of interest regarding our ladies that appears in the media. This is a great article on the upward trajectory of our womens team and the reasons behind it.....to put it mildly, more reasons to love our great club!

'People want to be here': The belief that's shaped the rapidly rising Sydney Swans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    There is one of these threads for the men but not the women.....and I wanted to put this article up and there was nowhere to put it.

Now there is....and for anything else of interest regarding our ladies that appears in the media. This is a great article on the upward trajectory of our womens team and the reasons behind it.....to put it mildly, more reasons to love our great club!

'People want to be here': The belief that's shaped the rapidly rising Sydney Swans
    Great article. Went to the game v Bulldogs and you could see what is described in the article translated onto the ground in the way they played. Noticed Harley out on the ground during first and third quarter breaks.
    Phenomenal effort for our second year in the comp.....great culture at work.

Veterans List

Thanks Stevoswan, that was a great article. It reinforces what an amazing club we support.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Terrific article, stevo! Thanks for posting! Just love our club!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I found this site devoted to AFLW stats https://aflwstats.com.au/clubs/15
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Another good article from the Age on how the Swans are approaching the AFLW, trying to service 2 markets. MSN

Veteran Site Admin
    Sportsday

I stumbled across an interview with Gowans on SEN on Monday. It's not a long interview, but he talks (briefly) about the way he's coaching the team to play, and how the focus evolved from last year to this year. It's not anything I've read or heard before. Worth a listen.

The link above will take you to the right show. You then need to scroll down to Monday to locate the Gowans segment.

I hope the coaches wish to move to the SCG doesn't happen too soon. I've enjoyed being able to hold a conversation at the football for the first time in years - I don't relish lossing that to "game day experience" again.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 12th November 2023 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I hope the coahes wish to move to the SCG doesn't happen to soon. I've enjoyed being able to hold a conversation at the football for the first time in years - I don't relish lossing that to "game day experience" again.
    Hear, hear. In this case, literally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

wrong thread
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 13th November 2023 at 03:28 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    SEN Breakfast

There's a short segment with Nick Davis on this morning's SEN breakfast show. As usual, the link won't take you all the way: You'll need to scroll down to find the exact segment.

The most interesting part of it is Davis's comments on Laura Gardiner. Talk about them not knowing what they had!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast