Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AFLW R10 2023: Fremantle v Sydney Swans, 5.05pm EDT Sun 5 Nov Fremantle Oval

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne

AFLW R10 2023: Fremantle v Sydney Swans, 5.05pm EDT Sun 5 Nov Fremantle Oval

Our away fixture against Fremantle is the last match of the home and away season. This means we know how much we need to win by to make the finals.

Richmond have beaten Collingwood by a significant margin, so both of those teams are out of finals contention. That leaves just Sydney and St Kilda vying for the last finals place.

We need to make up a small amount of percentage on St Kilda to overtake them. St Kilda have a 2-point head start on Sydney, plus about another point for every 40 points scored. A four-point win will do the job.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Our away fixture against Fremantle is the last match of the home and away season. This means we know how much we need to win by to make the finals.

Richmond have beaten Collingwood by a significant margin, so both of those teams are out of finals contention. That leaves just Sydney and St Kilda vying for the last finals place.

We need to make up a small amount of percentage on St Kilda to overtake them. St Kilda have a 2-point head start on Sydney, plus about another point for every 40 points scored. A four-point win will do the job.
    Yes, and a win of around 20 points would see us jump Essendon into 7th. Although, I'd probably rather finish 8th and face the Suns, rather than the Cats.

I thought that Fremantle started well, but we were able to stem their momentum. Mainly through Gardiner being her usual tireless self around the contests. Molloy did well to make sure that our efforts didn't go to waste: as she often does and which has been very important to our improvement.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pretty even game overall, I feel like we’re getting better as the game goes on but that late goal from Freo didn’t help my nerves.

I was sort of hoping that Fremantle would be a bit disinterested, since they can't make the eight. Unfortunately, they've been really desperate and applying plenty of pressure through their tackling and smothering. Consequently, we haven't generated much free flowing movement. Although we've also battled hard and possibly a bit unlucky to be behind.
    Hopefully we'll be able to move the ball better in the second half.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Far out, the Stella household is a bundle of nerves right now. Completely invested!

Tanya Kennedy is the hardest working midfielder in the AFL*

Senior Player
    Tight game. Got lucky with that non goal

Nice to be in front, but I'm not feeling confident yet.

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought the last half (or so) of the final quarter, way back at NSO in round one, was tense, where we were desperately trying to hang onto the lead for our maiden victory. It's got nothing on this.

And it's quite remarkable that that's the case right at the end of the season.

Kennedy getting a lot of love for the goal assist

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    C'mon Bloods!! Hang on!!

Think Molloy just booked our finals spot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast